Stolen: Pyga Pascoe 2014 (Stellenbosch)

Nic Louw

Stolen: Pyga Pascoe 2014
When: 13 December 2020
Where: Stellenbosch, Western Cape

My Pyga Pascoe 140 was stolen from my house after I was away for only a few mins.

After coming back from a ride, I left my bike behind the house in the courtyard as I quickly ran across the road to Spar to get a cooldrink. Came back less than a few mins later and the bike was gone. House has a solid gate/walls and there is no way to spot the bike from the street.

The only logical explanation is that someone must have watched me leave and jump the wall to get the bike?

Get further details about the incident in the Stolen Bikes section

Sounds like it was an oppurtunist who watched you go into the shop... 

Try your local Cash Crusaders type shops? Also keep a look out when passing your townships? 

Sounds like it was an oppurtunist who watched you go into the shop... 

Try your local Cash Crusaders type shops? Also keep a look out when passing your townships? 

Unlikely Stellenbosch is well know for bike's being stolen. Especially these easy type scenarios, at garages/shops when you quickly run in and you bike is on your car. At race events while you sharing your race experience with your mates. In the experiences we've seen here on bikehub and my own the perps act(dress,walk, talk) like cyclists as well.

Do share!

This morning I received a call from a guy (Riaan de Waard) who said he found it. He was driving back from the industrial area (plankenberg) and saw a guy riding a yellow Pyga towards kayamandi township. He suspected it might be stolen and immediately confronted the guy and asked about the bike.... he spun a story that the bike was payment for garden work he did (must have been some pretty impressive work) and that he was looking to sell the bike for R100... no jokes... R100! So he handed him a R100,  loaded the bike on his bakkie and took it with him.

Thanks to the shares on the missing bike post he managed to track me down.

...very pleased indeed you got your bike back, well done.

...the cynic in me reckons the next time that Gardener needs R100, well...

Anyhow, story has a happy ending, so there is that, I suppose, but a thief walks free.

Cheers

Chris