Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2021

Tuxstir

I am beggining to not trust my scale, one day I have lost 2kgs, literally the next day back to where I started, very much disheartening...

It happens dude. Not sure why tho but I have had the same issue every now and then. Water retention maybe, poop, magnetic fields, who knows.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buying a house, work being hectic, and two losses in the family in two weeks wrecked my good habits in the last month. 

Picked up maybe 2kg but the headaches are back and I'm sluggish with trouble sleeping. New month to try and fix that I guess. 

Not been doing much so far this year to lose weigh, luckily my weigh has remained relatively stable, but I made a conscious decision to start OMAD today, so far so good...the day is still young...

All weight I've lost this year is muscle weight due to lack of cycling! Few kgs down this year, but hardly cycling at the moment, and pants definitely not fitting any better than at the start of Jan. 

At least through all the late nights of working and stress that led to cycling taking the back seat I managed to successfully negotiate to buy out our company and will now be taking over from April. Interesting and scary times ahead! But I'm hoping to be a bit more flexible then and make time for cycling again.

started mid Jan with a Calorie counter app. along with GCN hiit sessions in the week and tits on weekend.

dropped the first 5 kg (96 to 91) in relative ease in about 5 weeks. but have been bouncing between 90.4 and 90.9 for the last week. Frustrating. need to get to 85 as goal

Had a good Feb training 26 of the 28 days with an average of  45 km per day . I did not watch my food intake that well and had a few too many slices of banana bread and chocolate cake ( my wife is diabetic so i eat most of it ) Our scale gave in ( 25 years old ) so i actually weighed myself on Thursday at the vet as we had to fetch one of our dogs . Im trying to do a 100 day challenge of riding every day . A friend of mine just completed his and did 5085km . 

Better late than never, I never noticed the thread.

I've been at it since the beginning of the year after my wife got me on JEFF. I haven't touched the bike yet in 2 months though, but I worked my butt off and ate well. Reduced booze a lot (i.e. dry jan and then just a couple of beers on weekend) and the results are showing... Still a long way

I am beggining to not trust my scale, one day I have lost 2kgs, literally the next day back to where I started, very much disheartening...

My journey had the same bumps in the road ....

Turned into an emotional roller coaster to get on the scale .....

My dietitian recommended I pack away the scale .... no daily or weekly weigh in ....

Just get on with the correct life style ....

It worked very well for me :)

PS I started eating right to get ontop of my diabetes. Weight loss was just a benefit of the new life style.

Buying a house, work being hectic, and two losses in the family in two weeks wrecked my good habits in the last month.

Picked up maybe 2kg but the headaches are back and I'm sluggish with trouble sleeping. New month to try and fix that I guess.

Condolences with your loss.

My journey had the same bumps in the road ....

Turned into an emotional roller coaster to get on the scale .....

My dietitian recommended I pack away the scale .... no daily or weekly weigh in ....

Just get on with the correct life style ....

It worked very well for me :)

PS I started eating right to get ontop of my diabetes. Weight loss was just a benefit of the new life style.

Just so disappointing because October/November last year I was down to 97kg, and was really happy with that, but then the end of year slump came, diet went out the window, riding slowed down dramatically and the weight went up, December I didn't get as much riding done as I had hoped either, and now I sit back up at 102kg. Very disappointing.

As with Steady Spin above, my wife and I have just bought a house, and it has been a very stressful transaction, we move this weekend now, so no riding this week while we pack, and to add to that, I have caught a cold, and my in-laws are coming around for the weekend for their anniversary, I can see weight packing on already....

However on the plus side even though my weight is back up to close to what I started at last year, my body size has not gone up, still wearing the smaller clothes I had to buy after losing weight, and people I see now that I haven't seen in a while all comment that I have lost a lot of weight, even though I haven't really, so there are still positives to look at.

Edited by Chadvdw67

If I compare my weight from this moth to last it's not too bad I'm up by 800g from last month which isn't too bad considering I broke my collarbone 10 days ago. But before it happened I was down 1.5kg from Feb's weight so I has actually cost me just over 2kg. 

I am focusing a lot on my eating at the moment as there is no training happening.

Only updated the sheet this morning. Work has been crazy this last 10 days.  February progress was a bit slower than I hoped, but I still lost 2kg's from end of January. Biggest issue was that I had to travel for work again which meant I had to buy food and not cook something at home so I overdid the portion size and the odd dessert a bit (at home we cook just enough).  Lost the weight again that I picked up during the trip but that "wasted" 2 weeks of possible weight loss. 

One good thing at least is I am used to eating less, I can eat at or before 6 in the evening and not get hungry at 9.

Anyway, well done all, keep it up!

I’m losing weight quickly but I don’t think it is good. I’m skipping lunch and some days breakfast and lunch. Our baby and work is keeping me really busy and sometimes I just don’t find the time to eat and the hunger subsides. Dinner is usually healthy but then I’ll often have two portions and most nights some ice cream or half a slab. Friday nights are takeout nights but even then I try eat as fresh and healthy as possible.

I’m not getting any exercise except for playing with our baby and walking a lot at work. I hardly ever sit.

What I’m scared of is that I’m losing muscle mass as I can see my arm muscles are getting smaller and that when things start getting back to normal and I eat more regularly that the weight will just come back. I suppose then I will also be able to run, ride or gym again.