Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2021

Tuxstir

Breaking through and keeping below the 82kg mark remains a challenge. Feb & March not friendly work wise resulting in a lot of binge eating - slabs of chocolates and ice-cream - chasing down deadlines in the small hours of the morning :(. Lets see how April goes, by avoiding those pesky white candy coated chocolate Easter eggs mentioned above!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can hear the Doctor next week for my checkup...  I am not suppose to lose weight.  But how do you eat with a mouth that is swollen up and full of little sores on the inside?  Not to mention my tongue.  Eating toast or anything for that matter feels like taking a chees grater to my mouth and tongue.  Well at least I weigh a little less this month.

After two years of slow slide in weight gain, 2021 has been one of diligence, more miles in my legs and less grub in my gob. It's paid dividends and I feel quite satisfied with the results. But also quite miff that I let things slip and I have to do all the hard work again. Such is life - onwards and upwards! good luck to everyone here with a similar path to tread

Was a good month for me, down almost 3kg, very happy with that, hope I can drop a few more before Amohela this month, 110km and 1800m elevation over 2 days, might be easy for a lot of people, but it is going to be by FAR the biggest riding weekend I have ever done

Lost just over 2kg this month, which is pretty similar to last month, I am seeing steady progress and the centimetres is coming off which is my biggest benefit at the moment.  2021 Eating habits is already set and my wife and I can maintain this sort of lifestyle. 

Work is playing havoc with any type of exercise at the moment, but I am going cycling twice this long weekend which is more than in went in the last month  :ph34r:

Still positive and my initial goal of 95kg is only 750g away.  Very sure that I will reach my goal weight of 88kg by (or before) the end of the year.

Well done on everyone's progress.

With regards to easter eggs, I only have one medium size Lindt bunny to eat  :whistling:  

Shame man, that is really sad.  :devil:

With regards to easter eggs, I only have one medium size Lindt bunny to eat  :whistling:  

Work is playing havoc with any type of exercise at the moment, but I am going cycling twice this long weekend which is more than in went in the last month  :ph34r:

..no chance - at all - to commute? that way you get to 'bank' one or two rides per week, on a regular basis, not easy to commute, logistics and all that...

...but IF you can, it is a LOT of fun arriving at work 30 mins before colleagues, feeling WAY more awake than them, and feeling....'The S-T-O-K-E'!

Shame man, that is really sad.  :devil:

Hahaha yes it is ;) , what I however didn't mention is that I am going out for dinner a few times this weekend so will indulge myself with some dessert 

..no chance - at all - to commute? that way you get to 'bank' one or two rides per week, on a regular basis, not easy to commute, logistics and all that...

...but IF you can, it is a LOT of fun arriving at work 30 mins before colleagues, feeling WAY more awake than them, and feeling....'The S-T-O-K-E'!

Unfortunately not really, I am a consultant based as various clients' sites, and I often need to go for meetings offsite at the random times (taking my laptop along).

I would love to commute however, maybe in future I can manage that somehow

What I should really do however is getting up at 4:30 and going for a cycle around the neighborhood, or going in the afternoon when I do actually get home early.   :ph34r:

April was a good month for me, but then it wasn't (face palm)

I dropped to 101.4 until a long weekend away with the spouse which included restaurants every night, ice creams at the beach and so on. so thus I gained some weight and weighed in at 102.6. I know I am still looking VERY GOOD since the start (109) and technically I am still winning, but it was demotivating to say the least.

Anyway, no one said this challenge would be as easy as a straight line. So I am back on track and just need to continue trusting the process.

snip

Anyway, no one said this challenge would be as easy as a straight line. So I am back on track and just need to continue trusting the process.

We all get side tracked from time to time, as you say as long as you don't let that become the norm you have the right mindset and the weight will continue to come off.  Good luck!

We all get side tracked from time to time, as you say as long as you don't let that become the norm you have the right mindset and the weight will continue to come off.  Good luck!

Appreciate the comment/support :thumbup: