Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2021

Tuxstir

its amazing what a difference a slight drop in fat weight makes. 

i only dropped a few kg on the scales but having the waist size reduced make a big improvement in look and feel.

Oh absolutely.  You can clearly see just the difference in position on the bike.  I can ride longer and more comfortably lower on the drops and the hoods.  Legs are pedalling straight.  So my riding efficiency, power output, less gravity on the climbs, lungs, top speed, everything feels and functions so much better.  

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a very different struggle, gents. Please forward all weight lost to me. Currently sitting at 67kg at 13% fat (I’m 183cm tall) and would love to be around 76kg at 10% fat.

We have a very different struggle, gents. Please forward all weight lost to me. Currently sitting at 67kg at 13% fat (I’m 183cm tall) and would love to be around 76kg at 10% fat.

Go lift. And eat. Eat well.

• 5 weeks later...

Hooray for the sound of ....... silence!

Seems April was a bad month for the challenge  :ph34r:  

a few mishaps. so things slowed down. winter is setting in and I need my hibernation blubber....

April was a bit like a yo-yo in terms of my weight, traveled quite a bit for work, including weekends which didn't really help. Portion size still remains the biggest issue, and fried food during travels  :ph34r:.

Have reached my initial goal of 95kg so that's good,  still positive that I will get below 90 by the end of the year (even with winter in the middle)

Oefff.. up 12kg since November. Started cycling again last week after about 3 months of loafing around maybe doing one ride every two weeks.

Also have to start making better food choices and cut down on beer.

Got to get my act together now before Trans Baviaans in August and try and drop at least 10kg by then.

So April was not the best month for me, all though I am still down 1.5kg since 01/04.

I will say this, my motivation to continue eating well is as close to 0 as possible  :( I am tired of broccoli, carrots, greens, salads etc. (its not a flavour issue, I use a meal prep company and they make the food really well) I'm just tired overall with clean eating. I want a massive braai with all the trimmings, followed by lekker pudding and all the beer/whiskey I want on that day.

Which actually led me to a conversation recently with a friend of my families (she's some type of physical therapist/bio/healthy wellness practitioner) and she said that taking a week off of all diet and exercise and then getting straight back into it is often good as it shocks the body out of a plateau. Now whilst extremely tempting, I am fearful (actually very petrified which I know isn't good) that it will cause a complete wreck to my progress and I will be further away from my goal. Can anyone share their thoughts on this?

Up 5kg in the last 5 months and struggling to move that weight in the downwards direction. Back to 108kg at 1.79m tall. I'm chubs haha.  

Very unhealthy relationship with rewarding myself for doing a good workout. 

Also, I'm stress eating...

Also, I have zero motivation for the IDT at the moment

You don't notice this sneaking up on you either. Especially not over such a long time and also because I'm getting stronger on the bike.

Help  :clap:  

So April was not the best month for me, all though I am still down 1.5kg since 01/04.

I will say this, my motivation to continue eating well is as close to 0 as possible  :( I am tired of broccoli, carrots, greens, salads etc. (its not a flavour issue, I use a meal prep company and they make the food really well) I'm just tired overall with clean eating. I want a massive braai with all the trimmings, followed by lekker pudding and all the beer/whiskey I want on that day.

Which actually led me to a conversation recently with a friend of my families (she's some type of physical therapist/bio/healthy wellness practitioner) and she said that taking a week off of all diet and exercise and then getting straight back into it is often good as it shocks the body out of a plateau. Now whilst extremely tempting, I am fearful (actually very petrified which I know isn't good) that it will cause a complete wreck to my progress and I will be further away from my goal. Can anyone share their thoughts on this?

My wife and I have one "cheat meal" on a weekend or every second weekend, used to be a cheat day but that takes like 4-5 days to get rid of all the weight again - to clarify what I mean with cheat meal is we maybe have a braai with some fatty lamb chops and a braai broodjie  or corn bread where I would normally have only half or no bread. Or maybe share a pizza - still take thin base though to cut down on the amount of dough. And sometimes we have a dessert - on the smallish side.  We try to do this at lunch time so that you still have some time to burn some of the calories off.

I always feel slightly guilty afterwards but decided life is too short too always eat the right thing - and I still manage to loose weight, the cheat meal causes me to take 1-2 days to get back to the weight I was before but sometimes it is really necessary (for me at least).

I have sometimes seen this help a bit when I have reached a plateau in my weight loss journey, but maybe that is just what I tell myself  :ph34r:

I don't think I have really answered your question :blush: .

I can relate to all the stories above...........my weight is constant from Dec, but i lack getting back to eating less and more healthy......my training makes up for what i put in  my mouth fortunately , dont know for how long still!! 

Yes, there is method in that madness .... and the risk of a slippery slope ....

At home I eat right most of the time (99% of the time pre-lock-down)

But work sometimes takes me to distant places for a few days at a time, sometimes up to a week.  This is often in the Northern Cape, and the Client's treat us .... difficult, actually impossible, to balance a proper eating plan without insulting the hosts .....  So I do end up eating with the group, just checking portion size.  Jip, it throws out your system a bit for a few days, but no difference over longer periods.

Frankly, "comfort eating" on healthy foods over lock down was worse for me .... glad I do seem to be getting back to where I want to be.

Up 5kg in the last 5 months and struggling to move that weight in the downwards direction. Back to 108kg at 1.79m tall. I'm chubs haha.  

Very unhealthy relationship with rewarding myself for doing a good workout. 

Also, I'm stress eating...

Also, I have zero motivation for the IDT at the moment

You don't notice this sneaking up on you either. Especially not over such a long time and also because I'm getting stronger on the bike.

Help  :clap:  

1,76m and I turned at 110kg ... proper Michelen man ...  :ph34r:  :wacko:

But it took almost 25 years to go from "young healthy" to the Michelen man ... it happens VERY gradually !!

Tried a few times to get my weight in check .... always ran out of steam, and back to the braai-broodjies, potatoes, etc etc ...

2016 was the turning point ... my life style caught up, and I was diagnose with Type 2 diabetes ....  :oops:

Went back to the very same dietitian .... this time I listened .... CLEANED OUT the kitchen cupboards !!  Literally carried out bags of tinned and processed foods.  Started eating right ... the rest followed automatically.

Stayed constant for almost 4 years, okay, weight climbed a bit while my body fat kept on dropping as I was exercising more.

First bit of lock down was okay .... then somewhere I started snacking more, healthy foods only, but more IS more ....  been a very deliberate couple of months to get back in shape, almost there.

It has to be a "lifestyle" ... any "diet" has a goal, and by definition and end to it .... this is just a horrible roller coaster.

My dietitian also recommends a "cheat day" for this life style ... purely as it can become demotivating if you crave for something and cant have it.

Ultimately, this boils down to an individuals intrinsic motivation to stick with a new lifestyle.  Every person has their own reason for sticking to it, or goes back to the old ways sooner rather than later.

Wishing you all the best in finding YOUR motivation for this.   :thumbup:

1,76m and I turned at 110kg ... proper Michelen man ...  :ph34r:  :wacko:

But it took almost 25 years to go from "young healthy" to the Michelen man ... it happens VERY gradually !!

Tried a few times to get my weight in check .... always ran out of steam, and back to the braai-broodjies, potatoes, etc etc ...

2016 was the turning point ... my life style caught up, and I was diagnose with Type 2 diabetes ....  :oops:

Went back to the very same dietitian .... this time I listened .... CLEANED OUT the kitchen cupboards !!  Literally carried out bags of tinned and processed foods.  Started eating right ... the rest followed automatically.

Stayed constant for almost 4 years, okay, weight climbed a bit while my body fat kept on dropping as I was exercising more.

First bit of lock down was okay .... then somewhere I started snacking more, healthy foods only, but more IS more ....  been a very deliberate couple of months to get back in shape, almost there.

It has to be a "lifestyle" ... any "diet" has a goal, and by definition and end to it .... this is just a horrible roller coaster.

My dietitian also recommends a "cheat day" for this life style ... purely as it can become demotivating if you crave for something and cant have it.

Ultimately, this boils down to an individuals intrinsic motivation to stick with a new lifestyle.  Every person has their own reason for sticking to it, or goes back to the old ways sooner rather than later.

Wishing you all the best in finding YOUR motivation for this.   :thumbup:

Thanks Chris. 

My problem is flower and sugar.

So where do you find yourself now weight wise?