Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2021

Tuxstir

Sorry to ruin the negative slant of the last few posts... but I'm dropping nicely  :P

Been doing OMAD for 6 weeks now, and the results and pretty much everything about it - have been nothing short of awesome. 
As someone tied to a desk for much of my working day, it just fits in perfectly and works an absolute treat. The clarity you get from your rock solid insulin levels is also next level and a definite added bonus.

Still weighing up how to manage it with hard training, but that will come... for now I am getting by on a good long Friday squash session and the odd run.
I also don't have to stick to it religiously over weekends etc when I'm running around with the kids, but find it easy to slot right back into every Monday.
The only challenge to it, is drinking my coffee black during the day... not the end of the world, but I do love my coffee, and with a bit of milk.

Small price to pay though  :thumbup:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMAD = one meal a day

You usually try and restrict your eating window to a 4 or 6 hour period for the day. 

Hey Andrew,
Mine wasn’t intended to be negative at all.
What is OMAD?
Cheers

Hey Andrew,

Mine wasn’t intended to be negative at all.

What is OMAD?

Cheers

Nothing negative about your post... was more aimed at the ones before you, and even then, not in anything resembling a serious manner. 

As per Bundu Rick, it's basically a matter of cutting yourself down to one meal/feasting period a day. I only eat in the evenings, making sure it's proper food with a nice balance of nutrients. 

So basically from when I wake up in the morning until I get home from work, there is nothing effecting my sugar levels in anyway during the day. You sit at a nice constant energy level and don't suffer highs and lows like normal. 

It's great to find something that works for me. Anyone with a desk job should honestly look at is as an option... the weight loss is great, but really only just a part of the upside  :thumbup:

Thanks Chris. 

My problem is flower and sugar.

So where do you find yourself now weight wise? 

I turned at 84kg, at 17% body fat.

Went back up and move between 88 and 90kg, while dropping to 12% body fat.  Sure, lots of ways to view this ... I am comfortable at 12 to 15% body fat, and really not too concerned with the scale.  All my medical values comes back good at this level.

Nothing negative about your post... was more aimed at the ones before you, and even then, not in anything resembling a serious manner. 

As per Bundu Rick, it's basically a matter of cutting yourself down to one meal/feasting period a day. I only eat in the evenings, making sure it's proper food with a nice balance of nutrients. 

So basically from when I wake up in the morning until I get home from work, there is nothing effecting my sugar levels in anyway during the day. You sit at a nice constant energy level and don't suffer highs and lows like normal. 

It's great to find something that works for me. Anyone with a desk job should honestly look at is as an option... the weight loss is great, but really only just a part of the upside  :thumbup:

Andrew CONGRATS on being a looser ..... uhm, why does that sound "negative" ...  :thumbup:   :devil:

THIS just shows how each INDIVIDUAL is totally different.

What works for one does not work for the next.

A friend tried the classic "small meals, with snacks" approach (typical diabetic eating plan).  It did NOT work for her.  In fact she picked up weight.  She switched to the one meal a day approach and lost a lot of weight.

It is all good and well reading up here and on the rest of the web about eating plans.  But if you really stick to a plan and it does not work, do consider speaking to a dr or dietitian ....  

I have not put my weight on the spread sheet for two months because im not dropping in weight . I started a 100 day challenge to ride every day without skipping a day even if its only a 10 km ride . Im on day 88 at 4106 km at an average of 24kph and 36,457m of climbing . Im not really watching my food intake as i eat what i feel like so a lot of the wrong foods . I  also like my fizzy drinks ( no alcohol ) and my wife loves baking so there is always some sort of lekker snack around to have with tea . I am feeling strong when i ride and dont shy away from any organized ride in terms of distance , elevation or predicted average . I tell them im a 60/40/10 rider . 60 down hill ,40 flat roads and 10 uphill . Ill put my weight up on the 100th day just to get me motivated again . Good going to all the losers so far and to those not losing dont despair .   

OMAD = one meal a day

You usually try and restrict your eating window to a 4 or 6 hour period for the day. 

Try OMAW (one meal a week) and be surprised what happens... 

Try OMAW (one meal a week) and be surprised what happens...

I did a 7 day water only fast 2 months back, and lost less than 2kg most of which was poop - after a week of not eating the intestines end up pretty empty. So two days afer eating again the net loss was about 1kg.

So here I am, jumping on the wagon. Had a terrible year with regard to trainig and eating habits. I gained a sh#t ton of weight, from 82kg to 98.8kg. Feel the strain on my knees when running, so it is time for change. I started with 16/8 fasting, cutting alcohol, moving to whole food. As time moves on, I will move over to 18/6 fasting, adding a few days with whole food plant based (no click baiting). Any other inputs perhaps?

I did a 7 day water only fast 2 months back, and lost less than 2kg most of which was poop - after a week of not eating the intestines end up pretty empty. So two days afer eating again the net loss was about 1kg.

nice. my biggest surprise was boredom. seems i spend a ton of time buying food, cooking food, eating food, cleaning up after and rinse and repeat... 

from a riding perspective, i managed to set some decent PRs riding fasted for a few days. that was a few years ago, and struggling to replicate these days

I weighed myself this morning and was amazingly surprised with the scale showing 86.3kg down from the 90 i have been on for a while . I said i would only weigh myself when i hit my 100 day challenge but i put a pair of jeans on this morning and they were lose around my gut so that's what prompted me to weigh myself . Im back in the game but i have my birthday coming up and having a family braai with my sons so over eating on that day is always the order of the day . . Ill be riding hard the next week to get the weight down .

My biggest problem is overeating future life cereal. I've found now that if I just wait 10 to 15 mins before a second helping I'm satisfied enough to not go for it. Maybe my brain just needs time to register that I've eaten enough. A lot of eating is just because it tastes nice or even emotional.

My biggest problem is overeating future life cereal. I've found now that if I just wait 10 to 15 mins before a second helping I'm satisfied enough to not go for it. Maybe my brain just needs time to register that I've eaten enough. A lot of eating is just because it tastes nice or even emotional.

Lol....I cannot get emotional about baby food

Breakfast gets measured in a measuring cup ....  ONLY meal of the day that actually gets measured.  :thumbup:   SO easy to make larger portions .... and yet the correct quantity fills properly.

NO second helpings ....  :whistling:   :ph34r:  gotta get busy, or the temptation runs high ....