Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2021

Tuxstir

I've kind of stabilized on 87.1 at the moment.  about 10kg lighter since start of 2021.  Been a flipping mad month stress wise to the point of getting shingles (bloody sore that). Being off the bike a lot more due to work stress and illness and not-so- healthy eating, I haven't continued the downward trajectory.  But 87 is good.  Now I'm back on the discipline wagon.  So 85kg here I come.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am kinda going the wrong way, winter and being on my chair with one meeting after the other does not help. ????

I'll be under 90kgs in the next few days... still enjoying the OMAD, and probably more than anything, the fact that it's easy to jump in and out of as required or life dictates... weekends I'm generally only skipping breakfast. Week days I generally hold it well and only eat dinner...

8kgs off in just over two months since I switched to OMAD... 5kgs to go to my goal weight
Winter generally not the best time for weight loss, but I'm focused to getting this over the line asap

8 minutes ago, Andrew Steer said:

I'll be under 90kgs in the next few days... still enjoying the OMAD, and probably more than anything, the fact that it's easy to jump in and out of as required or life dictates... weekends I'm generally only skipping breakfast. Week days I generally hold it well and only eat dinner...

8kgs off in just over two months since I switched to OMAD... 5kgs to go to my goal weight
Winter generally not the best time for weight loss, but I'm focused to getting this over the line asap

What is your training schedule to go with it? 

May hasn't been a really good month for me, have managed to basically get to the same weight I was at the beginning of the month and that was just due to eating "normal" again for the last 10 days. Was away for work for 2 weeks and away for 2 weekends which didn't help the cause at all.

Although I didn't really eat badly in that time I just ate too much. And this continues to be my biggest issue, but I am still positive and know I will reach my goal (or get close to it) of losing another 6.5kg's by the end of the year.

56 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

What is your training schedule to go with it? 

I'm not training much, mainly just focused on the weight loss for now... Activity wise, mainly just 1.5hours of squash on a Friday and then the odd run on weekends where I don't follow OMAD strictly at all - all depends on what I am up to with the kids etc
But certainly a lot busier on weekends than during the week where I am at my desk 90% of the time.

The Friday squash works out quite fine, even if I have been fasting for nearly 20 hours by then... I have moments when I'm a bit pap, depending on how hard the game is, but generally I can hold a solid energy level. I do though eat something for recovery as soon as I get home after... I will likely do much of my training in the evenings (which during the week is what I normally do anyway) as I've found my recovery is severely compromised if I don't eat after exercising in a fasted state. I did a long midday run fasted on a public holiday, didn't take anything after and held my fast til dinner time, and despite cruising the run comfortably... my muscles took a good three days to come right. It was very obviously noticeable that it wasn't a good idea for heading forward. So I will break my fast post exercise when required.

I also ran Oxpecker with my wife a couple weekends back, ate my three meals a day, felt great, cruised through the weekend and slotted straight back into OMAD on the Monday - no real setback all. This is one of the reasons I am really loving it. It's robust.

I have thought about how it might work training in the morning, and I might well in that case make breakfast my meal for the day, but how well that might work, I am not sure... 

19 minutes ago, Andrew Steer said:

I'm not training much, mainly just focused on the weight loss for now... Activity wise, mainly just 1.5hours of squash on a Friday and then the odd run on weekends where I don't follow OMAD strictly at all - all depends on what I am up to with the kids etc
But certainly a lot busier on weekends than during the week where I am at my desk 90% of the time.

The Friday squash works out quite fine, even if I have been fasting for nearly 20 hours by then... I have moments when I'm a bit pap, depending on how hard the game is, but generally I can hold a solid energy level. I do though eat something for recovery as soon as I get home after... I will likely do much of my training in the evenings (which during the week is what I normally do anyway) as I've found my recovery is severely compromised if I don't eat after exercising in a fasted state. I did a long midday run fasted on a public holiday, didn't take anything after and held my fast til dinner time, and despite cruising the run comfortably... my muscles took a good three days to come right. It was very obviously noticeable that it wasn't a good idea for heading forward. So I will break my fast post exercise when required.

I also ran Oxpecker with my wife a couple weekends back, ate my three meals a day, felt great, cruised through the weekend and slotted straight back into OMAD on the Monday - no real setback all. This is one of the reasons I am really loving it. It's robust.

I have thought about how it might work training in the morning, and I might well in that case make breakfast my meal for the day, but how well that might work, I am not sure... 

Thank you. 

I'm concerned with muscle loss instead of actual fat loss. OMAD previously worked well for me. I'd come home and eat a banana and tablespoon of peanut butter half an hour before sitting on the trainer for an hour. 

Weekends would see 2 x 2.5 hour rides that were fuelled with a bowl of oats in the morning and just water on the ride. Problem after a ride like that is my body is screaming for food and I tend to binge. 

Never lost muscle mass and got a lot stronger but the fat wasn't budging fast enough for my liking. 

I’m down 17kg from 99kg to 72kg this morning. Lots of diet, gym, running until my knees hurt although not a bad thing as it forced me back onto a bike about two months ago...... couldn’t be happier 

and then for good measure quit smoking ten days ago after two packs a day for the last 20 odd years

its been a journey 

3 minutes ago, brycetodd said:

I’m down 17kg from 99kg to 72kg this morning. Lots of diet, gym, running until my knees hurt although not a bad thing as it forced me back onto a bike about two months ago...... couldn’t be happier 

and then for good measure quit smoking ten days ago after two packs a day for the last 20 odd years

its been a journey 

That should be 27 - well done!

29 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Thank you. 

I'm concerned with muscle loss instead of actual fat loss. OMAD previously worked well for me. I'd come home and eat a banana and tablespoon of peanut butter half an hour before sitting on the trainer for an hour. 

Weekends would see 2 x 2.5 hour rides that were fuelled with a bowl of oats in the morning and just water on the ride. Problem after a ride like that is my body is screaming for food and I tend to binge. 

Never lost muscle mass and got a lot stronger but the fat wasn't budging fast enough for my liking. 

From the look of things, I am just shifting fat at the moment - certainly no obvious sign of muscle loss or drop-off in physical performance. My little bit of reading on this also suggests as much.

I guess it will become a bit of a balancing act when I up the training, but I'm pretty confident I will get it right.
I will not be shy to eat properly post exercise to ensure my recovery - or even during exercise to make sure I am getting in a good session. I will probably just manage the training times to fit my fasting where I can. But weekends which are my main training times in general... I'm not strict on my fast at all. 

I think that is another thing I enjoy about this - I eat without feeling guilty... even if sometimes I get it a bit wrong, or have a few too many pizzas in a week - the few bad days are far outnumbered by the good days and offset them quite easily, keeping that downward trend going. Honestly, this past weekend was a proper test on how far I could push beating my midweek losses - I had three birthday parties, had a good time, had beers, pizza, ate cake etc
By Tues I was already back down lower than what I weighed on Friday. 

8 minutes ago, brycetodd said:

I’m a chop, I’m at 82.... aiming for 79..... to many numbers in my head today????????????

Still great... well done

2 hours ago, brycetodd said:

its been a journey 

Well done! I’m really struggling to quit. Story of my life... 

Down slightly from last month but not what i  expected . Im doing about 1350km a month with a calorie burn of about 1600 daily but eating too many times a day . After my morning 2.5hrs ride  (+_ 50km ) i have a bowl ( one cup of oats with yogurt ). and then as my day progresses  im in the fridge having a sip of cold drink or a piece of chocolate . My meals are normal and at regulated times but before bed i love a bowl of ice-cream or pudding my wife has made . So my calories burn comes to naught with my daily snacking . I think winter is going to be a challenge to keep the loss going .    

I am happily down to 98KG after being at a stalemate between 100 and 101 for 2 months!

Cannot say how chuffed I am! But, I am actually more confused that ever. During the stalemate, I was uber strict on my discipline. Eventually I lost motivation and let the diet slide a bit (not hectic, just a bit) and then boom, woke up the next morning 3kg lighter? what gives!?????