Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2021

Tuxstir

Basically took a 6 months break off the bike after Double Century in November with just the occasional casual ride since.

Got back on the bike a few weeks ago to do some proper panic training to survive the Trans Baviaans in August.

Started with a Zwift structured program combined with longer outside rides and actually can't believe how much power I've lost since the DC!

Went from a 82kg 324W FTP in Nov to a 96kg 265W FTP currently. That's 3,95 w/kg down to 2,75 w/kg. Flippen embarrassing how I've let myself slip this far! 

Determined to knuckle down and at least get back to sub 90kg before Trans Baviaans.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a good month of riding and also a good month of eating in the evenings after dinner ( many muffins , cheese cake , scones and chocolate cake all baked by my wife ) I managed a 800grm loss but with winter here im happy to have lost weight . IMG_3731.PNG.f339d975e728ef0905a887b9eb112be3.PNG

• 2 months later...

Looks like this tread became a victim of the downgrade of BikeHub.

See only one person is still tracking...

1 hour ago, Cois said:

Im still tracking. just forgot to input my weight this month.

I did well, and in July covid hit.... 2 months of hell and 4kg back on the hips...

I quit smoking AGAIN and we went into a lockdown here so not as much walking as I usually do. In three weeks I have gained 4kg. I'm running and doing the odd mtb ride. Not much has changed regarding my eating habits, not sure what to change. Any suggestions?

16 hours ago, Cois said:

Where do you guys input your data?
Thought it was just checking on on the chat...

25 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Where do you guys input your data?
Thought it was just checking on on the chat...

On the very first post there is a excel spreadsheet where you enter your "start" data, goal weight and a spot to enter results on the 1st day of each month. 

5 hours ago, Pieter1 said:

I quit smoking AGAIN and we went into a lockdown here so not as much walking as I usually do. In three weeks I have gained 4kg. I'm running and doing the odd mtb ride. Not much has changed regarding my eating habits, not sure what to change. Any suggestions?

I suspect you may need to revisit your eating habits, it is a lifestyle change, which is rewarding once into the "flow" but does present its challenges, especially under the current up & down of lock down levels and its concomitant stresses..!

Spreadsheet makes for interesting reading.
Many went into it with wishful thinking strategies, and many with trending or even borderline fad diets...

Just found this thread, haven't even joined in...

So don't have much tracking/goals/weigh ins but this year has been big for me.

Did my Discovery check up and my cholesterol was extremely high for me (6.8)(new born, *** eating, low exercise, stress, same old excuse)

174cm height and 94kg was my heaviest I've ever been, I looked wide???? very wide.

The goal was mainly to lower my cholesterol and drop those kgs so i could improve my power to weight ratio (been watching too much road cycling); I opted for a KETO/LCHF diet around April 2021 with some intermittent fasting and caloric deficit.

Macros: 75% fats, 20% proteins, 5% carbs

Gross carb intake of 21g per day and around 1750 calories per day.

Fasting from Sunday nights to Tuesday mornings (no 16/8 fasting, i eat when i eat)

Exercise: outdoor ride on Sunday, spinning on Wednesdays and the odd light weight session or zwift ride some other day

5 months later i am at 78kg, adapted to this way of eating, missing pastas and bread but still can eat all my cold hams ???? cheating on some (most) weekends.

Cholesterol dropped to 3.1 (LDL 1, HDL 2.1), feeling good, clothes don't fit.

Plateauing at 77-79kg for the last month and a bit and still plenty fat around my stomach and love handles.

But overall enjoying the experience, cycling on 0 carbs for energy has been surprisingly easy and good (granted im only riding around 60kms per road ride and 30km mtb), have a few eggs, avo and some peanut butter before the ride, some sugar free electrolytes during the ride and feeling strong.

BTW, cycling with +-16kg less uphill feels so good!

But ya, pics before and after.

New goal to be around 15% body fat and have a prominent V (obliques) aiming at my genitals ????

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-10 at 10.47.55.jpeg

IMG20210827140543.jpg

Edited by Matu

• 2 months later...

Its coming to the end of the year. and time to start thinking about next year, and due to reasons I wont be hosting the spreadsheet next year like I Have for the past few years, So I would love for somebody to please take over the spreadsheet next year.

well done to all those that stuck to the tracking and filling in the spread sheet, and to all those that did the hard work of sticking and losing and maintaining their weight lose goals

Regards

T

On 12/15/2020 at 7:44 PM, Tuxstir said:

Its that time of year again, to look forward to new goals and challenges.

and one goal that should never be taken lightly is our weight, its hard work, challenging and sometime down right difficult, and sometimes we just want to chuck in the towel.

But with great work, comes great rewards.

good luck

N.B. Please book mark the link below for easy access in the coming months.

Bike Hub 2021 Weight Challenge

I keep on getting that the file has been deleted. Anyone else have the same issue?

5 hours ago, Pieter1 said:

I keep on getting that the file has been deleted. Anyone else have the same issue?

I think Tuxstir already removed it.. 

• 1 month later...

Please. Im 10kg heavier than last year this time and some group motivation will go a long way. 

Goal for this year is 25kg. Very easy 2kg a month if I look at it on paper. In theory… yeah