Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2021

Tuxstir

Its that time of year again, to look forward to new goals and challenges.

and one goal that should never be taken lightly is our weight, its hard work, challenging and sometime down right difficult, and sometimes we just want to chuck in the towel.

But with great work, comes great rewards.

good luck

N.B. Please book mark the link below for easy access in the coming months.

Bike Hub 2021 Weight Challenge

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to join in again next year for motivation . After lock down was relieved to the 5 km radius i did a lot of road training on my MTB ( wore out a Maxxis ) rear tyre . I then bought a road bike and could realy feel the strength i had built using the MTB . Saturday 12/09/20 ii did a ride with the Bicycle Line group and i did a 100km in 3hr 14m . I was well on my way to a sub 3hr 100km in a few weeks time . Tuesday 15/09/20 i had a fall and fractured my left hip . Wednesday i had a hip joint replacement which kept me off my bike for 9 weeks in which time i gained 7 kg . I did a 100 ride again on Saturday with the same group and did a 100km in 3hr 16 min ,so i am back on track but need to lose the weight . Christmas time with its lunches , dinners , cakes , ice-cream., sweets and anything lekker is not a time to watch weight . So 2021 Bike Hub Weight Challenge is on .  

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t have a scale yet but was at 102.6 when we left SA the other day. I would like to be between 92 and 94. Lets get there. Good luck losers.

Third attempt. Last year started so well and ended so badly. Was training for an event that didn’t happen and then sort of just stopped everything after it was cancelled. As usual, struggled over Xmas. Determined to follow through this year. Shocking 111 at weigh in this morning.

f16b2a4a7783912be2a388917b173fca.jpg

2020 was my third attempt and I met and exceeded my target.

I will put my name on for this year with a slightly lower weight.

This is just to keep me in check and honest so that I do not get lax and start piling on the weight again.

Well here it goes again , food watching , quantity watching , sweet stuff watching oh hell you just have to aware of what you put in your mouth On my daily rides (45km) i burn about 1400 calories but at this stage have no idea what my intake is .My goal of 82,5 kg is attainable as 2018 i achieved it and was best loser for that year , So here goes fellow Hubers and good luck . 

post-111826-0-19098500-1609523674_thumb.jpg

Good luck to you, V8: since I have a near-identical starting weight to you (within a percent or so...), and a closeish finish goal (but 2kg less than your goal), I will watch your progress with interest, especially as you have already done it just 2 years back!

Question: how old are you - I am 58, and I feel weight is a bit harder to 'shift' as I age, anyone else have any feeling on losing age-related weight, or is it all 'just' weight?!

Cheers!

Chris

Edited by Zebra

Good luck to you, V8: since I have a near-identical starting weight to you (within a percent or so...), and a closeish finish goal (but 2kg less than your goal), I will watch your progress with interest, especially as you have already done it just 2 years back!

Question: how old are you - I am 58, and I feel weight is a bit harder to 'shift' as I age, anyone else have any feeling on losing age-related weight, or is it all 'just' weight?!

Cheers!

Chris

When I was 40, I shifted 25 odd kilos in about 3 months. Feels much harder these days. Although then I used to travel all the time for work so it was easier to be disciplined as I didn’t have time to snack.

Well here it goes again , food watching , quantity watching , sweet stuff watching oh hell you just have to aware of what you put in your mouth On my daily rides (45km) i burn about 1400 calories but at this stage have no idea what my intake is .My goal of 82,5 kg is attainable as 2018 i achieved it and was best loser for that year , So here goes fellow Hubers and good luck .

How much does your bionic hip weigh?

Cheers!

Chris

Im 68 . When i started cycling again 4 years ago i weighed 125kg with a strong cardio and lungs from swimming ( Played water polo ) . It took me 18 months to lose 35 kg and then a year on the challenge to get down to 82kg ,. I dont find age is a factor its purely the food intake and the miles you do . A good month for me is 1000km ( im retired so time is my friend ) Good luck Chris ill watch your progress as well . 

To answer Ouzys question about the bionic hip joint weigh .between 1.3kg to 2.3 kg depending on size .