Things you've heard people call parts or equipment

DR ◣◢

I know the OP has tried to explain over and agian that this thread is not about bikesnobbery, but it just seems to keep coming back to it.

Who cares, as long as people are outside enjoying riding their bikes.

Whats the value in knowing the correct technical term for evey single component, if you need to take your bike to a bike shop to adjust your shifting?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a group ride the other day. A guy kept on calling his stem a goose neck.

I just shut up but I have to admit that I battled to.

I know the OP has tried to explain over and agian that this thread is not about bikesnobbery, but it just seems to keep coming back to it.

Who cares, as long as people are outside enjoying riding their bikes.

Whats the value in knowing the correct technical term for evey single component, if you need to take your bike to a bike shop to adjust your shifting?

Fine line between harmless joking and snobbery.

I viewed this thread as a place to laugh at stupid names item things have been given over the years, as opposed to making people look stupid.

And this thread is also informative at times-an example is the origin of clip less pedals. I know many people thought clip less should be called clip pedal, as you clip/cleat in

To keep with the snobbery,

Okes that say they drink coffee only to find out it is instant. Then they try be fancy and say it's some ex president or douw eggbeater brand. 

Unless it's freshly roasted beans that you have just ground, don't bother talking to me.

:ph34r:  :whistling:

Well Frail has a flywheel, I think it is a 62 tooth front chainring. That mat qualify as a flywheel ;-)

I saw that thing at CTCT last year. He can't go around RH corners too sharply without grinding those teeth down.

To keep with the snobbery,

Okes that say they drink coffee only to find out it is instant. Then they try be fancy and say it's some ex president or douw eggbeater brand.

Unless it's freshly roasted beans that you have just ground, don't bother talking to me.

:ph34r: :whistling:

Couldn’t agree more. If you scoop it into a mug and add water it isn’t coffee.

The second most expensive item in my house after my bike is my coffee machine. It’s a non negotiable.

Couldn’t agree more. If you scoop it into a mug and add water it isn’t coffee.

The second most expensive item in my house after my bike is my coffee machine. It’s a non negotiable.

My coffee machine cost about the same as my tv(and I got it 2nd hand) and its still only bean to cup. When I grow up I will go full manual but will keep the jura next to it for the odd occasion I need a quicker cup and just because it will look lekker.

My coffee machine cost about the same as my tv(and I got it 2nd hand) and its still only bean to cup. When I grow up I will go full manual but will keep the jura next to it for the odd occasion I need a quicker cup and just because it will look lekker.

I miss my bean to cup. The full manual machine is a tad too slow in the morning.

Your Jura still grinds a bean and brews a good cup. 100% counts in my books as a real cup of coffee.

Just putting this site out there for all the guys that want to learn a bit more about the rules of cycling.

there are no 'rules'...only rule #5. It's a good one for life in general too.  :P  :D

Edited by morneS555

Previous company had bean to cup machine, we were spoilt.

Started at the new place on Monday, their idea of coffee is a tin of frisco in the kitchen.

I no longer drink coffee at work.

Previous company had bean to cup machine, we were spoilt.

Started at the new place on Monday, their idea of coffee is a tin of frisco in the kitchen.

I no longer drink coffee at work.

No longer at volvo?