Things you've heard people call parts or equipment

DR ◣◢

I once was in a cycle shop when this guy walked in and asked if they can quickly look at the indexing of his road bike, a Gee-Haa. I was curious about this bike, thinking it's maybe a Chinese frame or something. He brought it in, and I then saw it was a Giant....... :huh:

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I once was in a cycle shop when this guy walked in and asked if they can quickly look at the indexing of his road bike, a Gee-Haa. I was curious about this bike, thinking it's maybe a Chinese frame or something. He brought it in, and I then saw it was a Giant....... :huh:

Isn't "indexing" a common term?

Just saw a 'wanted' advert for a 'Seat Pin' .

And it wasn't for a retro bike so that it matches his 'Goose Neck'.

He is wanting a carbon fibre aero seat post (or even seat mast as some brands call it)

Die Arikaanse term vir n "seatpost" is n "saalpen"  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well said and I agree, unless that hosepipe is 4K and I would only use the hosepipe once every 4 years as I was my bike with a bucket of water or take it into the shower at the local holiday in to wash the bike :P

I once washed my MTB in a hotel bath/shower after a muddy ride.... would not recommend....  :ph34r:  

On one of our French/Swiss Alp downhilling trips, we were met with some extreme mud. The result:

post-10758-0-44951900-1610666529_thumb.jpg

post-10758-0-64041000-1610666582_thumb.jpg

Needless to say a daily bike wash was required (sometimes twice a day at lunch time).

Washing gear was also tricky as the chalet laundry had a ban on muddy gear. A friend decided to wash his knee and elbow guards in one of those alpine troughs. The hollowed out trees with clean cold alpine water, constantly flowing.  He was very quickly reprimanded by an angry Frenchman

post-10758-0-31842400-1610667179_thumb.png

The exact scene of the crime  :ph34r:

Edited by patches

LOL

I was sitting in Epic Bike shop many years ago and this lady calls in enquiring about a full service for her bike.

When asked for details she says shes not sure but its a french MTB. Knowing French MTB's they put it over to speaker phone so I could help identify the bike.

So they ask, is it a SUNN?

"no its not a SUN"

It starts with an "A" she says.

Now we're fully confused because there;s not many French mtbs in 2005 especially with a name starting with an .

Its an Avalonshay she says....

where did you buy it?

Sportsmanswarehouse.

You mean Avalanche....perhaps..?

Yes that's it.

....................... :whistling: