RaceTec Challenge

Jbr

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you need to have a Premium Strava account?

What a lot of K@k!!!!

Most likely because Strava doesn't make available information on specific segments via API for non-premium users.

Besides at R50 per month that's hardly the cost of 2 coffees..

Most likely because Strava doesn't make available information on specific segments via API for non-premium users.

I was about to say, but it looks like you have to pay 12 months at a time ?

I was about to say, but it looks like you have to pay 12 months at a time ?

Sure, but even so it's only a R600 one-off payment which compared to what people seem to think is acceptable to pay for other cycling equipment it's negligible. Edited by NC_lurker

I believe only the person wanting to get the data needs to be premium. Ho well, wateva, who cares. I just ride on my own these days so it is a non issue and if I do the "Argus" I am happy to do a 3:01 to 3:20 from anywhere they place me as as funride.

Why do you need to have a Premium Strava account? 

What a lot of K@k!!!!

Have you taken time out of your service delivery protest come to lodge your grievances here?

I believe only the person wanting to get the data needs to be premium. Ho well, wateva, who cares. I just ride on my own these days so it is a non issue and if I do the "Argus" I am happy to do a 3:01 to 3:20 from anywhere they place me as as funride.

Unfortunately not, Strava places the limitations on the data originator not the data consumer.

Agree with regards your seeding thoughts, I rode the challenge yesterday more to see how I compare to my mates than because I'm trying to improve my seeding.

Strava premium allows me to "race" my mates even when riding solo, without having to go do expensive mass participation events

Have you taken time out of your service delivery protest come to lodge your grievances here?

Sorry please expand. My point was, why have to purchase a 3rd party product to get a seeding if I am already paying PPA for this function?

Sorry please expand. My point was, why have to purchase a 3rd party product to get a seeding if I am already paying PPA for this function?

That's a STRAVA thing. 

Your question has been answered above.

I think it's pretty cool that RaceTec are willing to go out of their way to create a fluid and up to date seeding platform with very few events taking place that will pay them to use their timing systems. 

So while their business suffers, they offer a value add to the public and people STILL bitch and moan.

Think of the R600 as 2 seeding races you would have entered. That way you will likely get even MORE seeding opportunities than usual.

Having everything for free is unrealistic. If you want your cake, you di have to pay the piper at some point.

That's a STRAVA thing.

Your question has been answered above.

I think it's pretty cool that RaceTec are willing to go out of their way to create a fluid and up to date seeding platform with very few events taking place that will pay them to use their timing systems.

So while their business suffers, they offer a value add to the public and people STILL bitch and moan.

Think of the R600 as 2 seeding races you would have entered. That way you will likely get even MORE seeding opportunities than usual.

Having everything for free is unrealistic. If you want your cake, you di have to pay the piper at some point.

You forgot to mention the cost incurred by Racetec to integrate to Strava to pull the necessary data, plus time spent to build the models to utilise the data.

So in effect they've spent money to come up with a solution that gives people the option to still take part in seeding events without the corresponding income from the event organisers paying for Racetec timing services.

Sorry, but climbing hills for seeding is just stupid

you end with skinny light weights in top groups that never want to sit in the wind and pull.   They should have done circular routes that give all round performance.

also, nothing todo with ppa, ractec and ppa is 2 different companies .

PPA pay racetec for timing, and racetec do the seeding.   So you actually paying racetec for the seeding.   Its not the same company 

Apparently they can't get your data if you're not premium... Got to say, with all the info intervals.icu gives you I'm not too sure why I'm still premium on Strava :D

Strava share ride data for free, the premium part is to give access to segments details you ride to the 3rd party.