Motorists vs Cyclists.... again

Terminator

Fair enough but its still a one sided story for me personally.......Maybe the 72 lost his footing ...or the cyclist gave him a roundhouse kick to the head....who knows....Hardly any info there but ja...its roadies...who knows.....

Can you see that cyclist Roundhousing anyone???

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think cyclists and motorists often have I different view on hooting.

Whether you tap the horn once or twice, or hit it long and hard makes a world of difference.

I always try and do a little double-tap if I want to alert someone that I'm behind them. The long hard style is like typing in capitals and imo generally not necessary.  

All these "human clashes" (that are becoming more and more common) is just plain sad. I really wish we could just get a peaceful world where people respect each other and you can feel "love" on the road instead of hatred!

Why is there a picture taken of 3 of them from so far back?

This suggests the driver/passengers already had a problem with the situation and makes me wonder about the “my dad hooted to caution them” claim.

Exactly what I said. Why the pics if just innocently passing with a little toot to signal your presence.

Suspect lots of facts have been conveniently omitted from the FB post.

Again, it doesn't condone the subsequent actions of the cyclist, but it fails to give a full picture.

Whether you tap the horn once or twice, or hit it long and hard makes a world of difference.

I always try and do a little double-tap if I want to alert someone that I'm behind them. The long hard style is like typing in capitals and imo generally not necessary.  

Its all about how the hooter is used and the behaviour of the vehicle that tells a lot about the drivers state of mind

Why is there a picture taken of 3 of them from so far back?

This suggests the driver/passengers already had a problem with the situation and makes me wonder about the “my dad hooted to caution them” claim.

this and many emotive claims in the facebook post points to wrongs on both sides not making anything right.

I treat facebook posts with the scepticism that they most often deserve 

The cyclists are riding single file.

Did Pops take the pic while driving behind them and stomping his hoof on the air horn? Pops should not take pictures while he's driving, its against the law and putting lives in danger.

Did Pops get out of his vehicle and positioned his phone and goggles within an arms reach of the rider or did the fat rider chase him down and pulled him from the vehicle?

I think pops played a stupid game and won a stupid pize.

Also, as an aside, My father is around the 72 mark and while I am not proud to say, he still lips off like a man 30 years younger when the mood takes him.

I would also struggle to knock him over and send his glasses flying and I AM 30 years his junior.

72 is not 72 is not 72, so there may be a chance this isn't some frail old man as has been led to believe.

I'm laying blame squarely on all their shoulders. All 3 riders, the entire car full of tourists. I'm going with 'shallow end of the gene pool' for all of them.

The roads around Cape Town are carnage at the moment. On the 24th I was a hair breadth from being taken out by a lady in Tokai.... She looked me straight in the eye while turning across the traffic forcing me to take foot out 180 degree skiddies evasive action.

Carnage. Stay safe and don't hoot!

Cyclist in red looks like someone I had a run in with some time ago in the Welcome Glen area. Serious attitude - I endangered his life while passing him. Yes I was cycling. 

While there are motorists with some seriously bad attitude I have come across some cyclists with over the top attitudes - would hate to encounter them when they are behind a wheel of a vehicle

Edited by porqui

Who remembers the case quite few years ago when "Cyclists attacked grandpa" in the Gautent area as well.  Very similar situation.  The whole world even here on the hub were demanding the heads of the cyclists.  Even made it to the Beeld.  Very similar situation as here now.  In that case it turned out the innocent oupa was not so innocent and that he had a tendency to swing his fists in settling an argument and that witnesses came forward to state that the oupa swung his fists at the cyclists. Wonder if he was on holiday in Cape Town recently.