Motorists vs Cyclists.... again

Terminator

8 minutes ago, copperhead said:

Are some posts missing? If so why? 

And it would seem the user profile has gone.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Andreas_187 said:

Lots of complaints about motorists but when I drove up the N1 at 5am for the Stellies bike race 2 years ago the right hand lane was the ONLY lane in use by cyclists driving their cars up to the race

Have you seen the lack of driving skills of cars sporting "stay wider of the rider" bumper stickers ... 

Edited by ChrisF

10 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

There was a Karen on facebook complaining about a cyclists getting in her way and swearing at her when she swerves into them. The average speed on kalk bay main road at 11am on saturday was 15km/h, so not sure where Karen wanted to get passed the cyclists. 

Always astonished that people are in a rush to sit in traffic or a red light.

This is so true, saw a SA stand UP with Vlismiss(spelling) so funny as above along the lines of only in SA will we be swearing at the taxis(only form of transport for 90% of OUR WORK FORCE) and still moan when the domestics dare be late, only in SA are we in such a rush to get to the kakkest jobs 

or rush to malls to stand in long queues to pay for parking

in the army we always had the saying HURRY UP AND WAIT????????‍♂️????????‍♂️????

5 hours ago, Eddy Gordo said:

You guys have it wrong man. Most Cape Tonians are chilled. I reckon its everyone else from the rest of the country who moved to the cape that cant deal with this many cyclists at once!

Going to blame all the bike jackings on us vaalies also ????

2 hours ago, Andreas_187 said:

Lots of complaints about motorists but when I drove up the N1 at 5am for the Stellies bike race 2 years ago the right hand lane was the ONLY lane in use by cyclists driving their cars up to the race

I recall this. Then at the R44 turn off there was a queue so when they got to within 100 m of the turn it was absolute carnage. I just calmly drove onto paarl and took a different route with zero traffic. Then the start was delayed becasue so many cyclist were stuck at registration and in the n1 traffic jam they created lol

10 hours ago, Andreas_187 said:

They are not cyclists yet, they are in a car. You saw drivers in the right hand lane...

7 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

I recall this. Then at the R44 turn off there was a queue so when they got to within 100 m of the turn it was absolute carnage. I just calmly drove onto paarl and took a different route with zero traffic. Then the start was delayed becasue so many cyclist were stuck at registration and in the n1 traffic jam they created lol

Was this not the Val de Vie Race? 

I ended up parking my car on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere and riding the last 6km to make the start.

16 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I don't buy it. 

Motorists in general are rubbish. I hate them when I'm driving, I hate them when I'm on the bike. 

If people weren't so self obsessed, had a little bit of respect for each other and just treated everyone better then it wouldn't matter.

Idiots. The lot of us

Exactly. Eventually the planet will shrug us off and we will all be just a 15 minute bad memory in the geological record. 

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

There was a spam bot posting here. The account and posts were removed, and any quoted posts along with it. 

good catch!

51 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Exactly. Eventually the planet will shrug us off and we will all be just a 15 minute bad memory in the geological record. 

"The planet isn’t going anywhere. WE are! .... Just another failed mutation. Just another closed-end biological mistake. An evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet’ll shake us off like a bad case of fleas."

RIP George Carlin. 

18 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

They should just walk or ride. My 4 year old riding 4km to school in the morning no problem. When it rains they put on rain jacket. They really enjoy it and is faster than the grid lock.

yup, my son rides as well. rain or shine and he enjoys it. parents need to stop babying their kids - thats why the traffic around schools is chaos. mommy or daddy can't let their little precious walk a couple of extra meters. they have to stop right outside the gate.

17 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

Only because there are far more drivers in general.
I reckon about the same % of any large enough given group of people are idiots. The problem becomes what impact does the idiot cyclists have vs the idiot motorists. There's no comparison.

I've always said, "assume everyone is an idiot, and you'll only be wrong 5% of the time"