Motorists vs Cyclists.... again

Terminator

18 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

They should just walk or ride. My 4 year old riding 4km to school in the morning no problem. When it rains they put on rain jacket. They really enjoy it and is faster than the grid lock.

^^ this, please! Let us all embrace this!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

yup, my son rides as well. rain or shine and he enjoys it. parents need to stop babying their kids - thats why the traffic around schools is chaos. mommy or daddy can't let their little precious walk a couple of extra meters. they have to stop right outside the gate.

Yup and they have to have the same parking they had yesterday morning. I got *****ed out this morning because I parked in "her" space ????

My daughter looks at me and says " that lady is very angry,...she needs to chill...." 

the mind of a child

9 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Yup and they have to have the same parking they had yesterday morning. I got *****ed out this morning because I parked in "her" space ????

My daughter looks at me and says " that lady is very angry,...she needs to chill...." 

the mind of a child

Just shook my head the other day leaving the youngest daughters school. Daddy pulls in with his H1 Bus, but he wants the first parking spot as you enter the parking, but that spot is occupied, so he stops and waits. Blocking the entire entrance, whilst there are easily 50 open bays all around.

Plus that bay is probably the hardest for him to get out as the U turn he needs to do to get to the exit it very tight, so he'd have to do a 3 point turn, probably holding up more traffic.

From next week they are on holiday (AGAIN) for a month, I will start my morning rides again and make it the wifes problem when they go back.

20 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Its weird. I dunno what it is but I am not experiencing any of this aggression towards cyclists out on the trails. Must be a road thing...and I've not ridden road since March of this year.

Ya on the gravel roads in the platteland there is no real aggression either. My ride on the weekend the only interaction with a car was a farmer asking me if I was lost and offering me water.

19 hours ago, 'Dale said:

You're not sitting in traffic; you are the traffic. - Zen quote ????

mind blown...

19 hours ago, ouzo said:

I've had a particularly nasty week with school traffic last week. Its like people stop being able to think when they are dropping the kiddies off.

We wonder why the next generation of drivers are going to be useless, impatient, aggressive and generally bad drivers. Then you look at a school drop off zone and realise this is the exposure the next generation drivers are getting and all they know. The only worse thing is that we have had a generation of new drivers who have grown up in mini bus taxis. So through no fault of their own they have only been exposed to marginal driving. Now they are learning to drive for themselves and this is the exposure they base decisions off. Not a person's wrong doing, but rather a product of the socio economical imbalance.

18 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I don't buy it. 

Motorists in general are rubbish. I hate them when I'm driving, I hate them when I'm on the bike. 

If people weren't so self obsessed, had a little bit of respect for each other and just treated everyone better then it wouldn't matter.

Idiots. The lot of us

People in general are rubbish. We need less people and more dogs on this planet...

19 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

I've always said, "assume everyone is an idiot, and you'll only be wrong 5% of the time"

Too true...

50 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

the mind of a child

While riding to school having a fortuner try and pass me and the two boys while waiting behind a car at a stop street, I have to now explain to my kids what a W anchor is... 

31 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

While riding to school having a fortuner try and pass me and the two boys while waiting behind a car at a stop street, I have to now explain to my kids what a W anchor is... 

My sympathy, but you got yourself into that one ....  ????

37 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

Just remember that once you have explained this he will share this info with his pals and teacher so expect a call from the headperson soon

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Just remember that once you have explained this he will share this info with his pals and teacher so expect a call from the headperson soon

Lol…the school eventually never phoned my mother…because they would regret it every time. Ill do the same for my kid????

Some good news, after 3 weeks of riding almost every day, the bike rack at Kittels school is now full (Not very big) and the 4 year olds play school now has 3 other kids either riding in/being ridden in my parents.

Maybe its a slow change. 

Things that help is that a lot of the curbs have been dropped to help with bikes not having to dismount, the robots change really quickly for cyclists. 

7 hours ago, MTBeer said:

yup, my son rides as well. rain or shine and he enjoys it. parents need to stop babying their kids - thats why the traffic around schools is chaos. mommy or daddy can't let their little precious walk a couple of extra meters. they have to stop right outside the gate.

We drive IN and drop them at the front door !!

(Really need comic sans for android)

On 8/3/2021 at 1:39 PM, DieselnDust said:

I think she's a serial offender because I endured a similar incident on Saturday afternoon on Spaanschemat also LOL. Just just gave the icecream middle finger and continued on my way in the bike lane.  White evoque?

is that a zap sign? hardly helping things, why not just wave and blow a kiss?

9 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

Ok, that made me laugh. 

I was telling her officer to go home and use the shake weight, promise. 

Wait, If they driving a fortuner I would suggest them using this one, bigger strokes.

3 hours ago, ChrisF said:

We drive IN and drop them at the front door !!

(Really need comic sans for android) italics and pink are the same function

On 8/3/2021 at 12:44 PM, Robbie Stewart said:

Its weird. I dunno what it is but I am not experiencing any of this aggression towards cyclists out on the trails. Must be a road thing...and I've not ridden road since March of this year.

It is an ongoing battle... many motorists have the view that cyclists do not belong on the road.  IMHO it is due to aggression, a lack of education, intolerance, ignorance and hiding behind anonynimty.  Cars speed through the Cradle at neck-break speeds ... Porsches, mustangs and other sports models race through Cradle ... on Sunday a whole troop of motorcycles past me by driving on the yellow lane.. if I stuck my mad out I could have pushed them off their motorcycles... bunch of lazy sons of b.....s, most of them grossly overweight!!!