Piet skiet?

nathrix

This is one of those "if you know, then you know"... Yes, you can go through again... The old hag with her shotgun has 'apparently' moved out... But please be respectful none the less...

This is one of those "if you know, then you know"... Yes, you can go through again... The old hag with her shotgun has 'apparently' moved out... But please be respectful none the less...

Lol and where does this valley of death reside?

Always. We do not even whisper to each other, and those with Hope hubs soft pedal through there until we’re in the clear again.

? does anyone mind explaining to me.

I would suggest the search function, but this may have been lost in the great meltdown of some years ago ( can’t remember the exact year.)

? does anyone mind explaining to me.

Back in the day when we used to ride through there, e.g. from Midrand to harties and back, shots were fired into the air with a shotgun or something to scare us off, so the name for that area/valley was called Piet skiet.

Back in the day when we used to ride through there, e.g. from Midrand to harties and back, shots were fired into the air with a shotgun or something to scare us off, so the name for that area/valley was called Piet skiet.

And in more recent times, a lady moved in and sat at the entrance to the 'link' with her shotgun on her lap telling that she'll start shooting if we don't do riding through 'her' land...

And in more recent times, a lady moved in and sat at the entrance to the 'link' with her shotgun on her lap telling that she'll start shooting if we don't do riding through 'her' land...

Yeah, did not go there while she was there, she was too scary.

Today through Piet skiet

Great to eventually ride through the famous 'Piet Skiet' route. Thanks for the awesome MTB experience Nathrix, in what turned out to be an eventful ride, swollen river crossings and all. Special to ride through the Rhenorsterspruit reserve with all the gnarly climbs,descents and natural beauty!