*MATTER CLOSED* PLEASE RESPOND URGENTLY: Crash On Cycle Lane Between Blouberg and Milnerton

'Dale

@ouzo

Thanx

The cycle lane is often avoided by serious athletes because it is very high risk with walkers, runners, poor surfacing and very narrow in width

By no means a serious athlete but I absolutely hate that cycle lane.

I don't head that way often, but when I've been there I've always felt on edge.

Heal up quickly.

Heal up dude. I went out that way this morning and never even took notice of a bike lane.

Some of the local vehicles are normally quick to point it out to cyclists not using it.

But it's often a toss of a coin in choosing which is safer.

I often see people on foot acting completely stupid when a bicycle approach.  Rather than standing still or walking straight, they suddenly want to run and/or suddenly change direction increasing the risk of a collision dramatically.

Just stand still or walk/run straight, is that so difficult?    :wacko:

Edited by Theog

I often see people on foot acting completely stupid when a bicycle approach.  Rather than standing still or walking straight, they suddenly want to run and/or suddenly change direction increasing the risk of a collision dramatically.

Just stand still or walk/run straight, is that so difficult?    :wacko:

Pedestrians are the worst, they seem to think they are a holy species and protected by the law under all circumstances...in that its a vehicles or cyclists responsibility to avoid them.

Encounter them all the time on the walking / cycling paths here

Albeit slightly different circumstances to what you are describing = bobejaan in the headlights

Pedestrians are the worst, they seem to think they are a holy species and protected by the law under all circumstances...in that its a vehicles or cyclists responsibility to avoid them.

Encounter them all the time on the walking / cycling paths here

Albeit slightly different circumstances to what you are describing = bobejaan in the headlights

Lets rather replace the bobejaan with hasie ....   :D

I hear you, but frankly, I would prefer the entitled type over the erratic type any day.  With the one you know what you get, the other you don't at all = danger.

Edited by Theog

I sometimes walk along sections of the cycle lane and cyclists can be intimidating even when you walk on the right in order to face cyclists.Who knows what the 3rd or 4th one in the group is concentrating on or if they are even giving hand signals.Would not like to be hit by a cyclist at 20+kmh.

I sometimes walk along sections of the cycle lane and cyclists can be intimidating even when you walk on the right in order to face cyclists.Who knows what the 3rd or 4th one in the group is concentrating on or if they are even giving hand signals.Would not like to be hit by a cyclist at 20+kmh.

Its not fun, been there and done that.

In SA, pedestrianidjit did not see us and crossed the road in front of of us (5 or 6) traveling at speed in a pace line... carnage, bikes and riders all over the road, how some did not get run over by cars behind us i dunno. I just remember thinking how rough that section of tar road was, you know those big rough tar roads..

The pedistrianidjit got up and walked off continuing to cross the road... dual carriage way (4 lanes)

Edited by SwissVan

heal up Dale, I have no doubt you'll be turning those legs again soon

Thank you, @Wayne pudding Mol

I am miserable most mornings on awakening to my daily reality and feel better during the day

My recovery picture is looking good. I'm in good hands.

Thank you, @Wayne pudding Mol

I am miserable most mornings on awakening to my daily reality and feel better during the day

My recovery picture is looking good. I'm in good hands.

Dale, those last 2 lines just instills how much of a class act you are.

Hope you heal up rapidly, properly and in good spirits. Sterkte

Edited by PhilipV

• 2 weeks later...

post-12015-0-19529800-1610362682_thumb.jpg

14. The number of days since the head-on collision on the bike lane in Bloubergstrand, Cape Town.

My spirit is soaring. My eina ribs and hands are recovering well. The human body is a miracle of bio-engineering. Grateful.

I’m relearning that ‘Mind Over Matter’ matters - being optimistic and hopeful during rehabilitation boosts progress. Also, what predicts optimal recovery is being healthy, strong and supple before illness or injury.

Easier said than done.????

Thank you for all the words of love and support along the way. I consider this thread now closed as I could not locate the reckless cyclists.