Cycling in Level 3 Lockdown?

Does one need a mask when riding if not planning on stopping for coffee etc?

I think you hit post before finishing your point here.

Surely... shirley, this isn't it?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The prohibition in subregulation (3)© shall not apply to a person who undertakes vigorous exercise in a public place, provided that the person maintains a distance of at least one and a half metres from any other person, and subject to directions on what is considered to be vigorous, issued by the Cabinet member responsible for health.

in the spirit of everything, best take one with you... getting stopped and being asked tricky questions by authorities that may or may not know what's going on probably will be out of your comfort zone.

Yes.

Keep it in your pocket, and you can stop safely if the need arise ....

I keep one in my tool bottle. It sucks having to use it, it smells rubbery, like inner tube, now.

You haven't ridden since Christmas? Or only coffee rides for a month?

I have ridden, if I am not planning a coffee I dont bother taking a mask as it ends up pretty siff and have to wash it without using it. 

If I plan on coffee stop etc, I pop a mask in as I know I will wear one. Was just asking if one does not stop, does one still have to produce one?

The prohibition in subregulation (3)© shall not apply to a person who undertakes vigorous exercise in a public place, provided that the person maintains a distance of at least one and a half metres from any other person, and subject to directions on what is considered to be vigorous, issued by the Cabinet member responsible for health.

Ok, so technically no but better have on in case have to save a child from a burning building etc.

Was just asking if one does not stop, does one still have to produce one?

I am not sure. The pedantic wording of the regulation makes is seem like as soon as you stop you need to put it on, as you are no longer vigorously exercising?

I just always have the one with me in case I need it for something, worst case like three punctures and have to uber home or whatever.

In the spirit of showing I care for other human beings, I put it on and then drop it down to my neck. This way I can easily pull it up in a scenario where I might need it and the people I pass at least knows I do have it on my person.

Other times I drop it in a jersey pocket.

If you want to preserve the cleanliness, just drop it in a Ziploc and then into the jersey pocket.

Best to have it and not need it than the other way round. 99% of SAPS will not give you grief, but try to debate the definition of "vigorous" with that one officer out of the remaining 1%... won't end well for anyone.

Ok, so technically no but better have on in case have to save a child from a burning building etc.

A rather extreme example, but yes, I guess you never know when you my be forced to stop and may need to mask up.

A rather extreme example, but yes, I guess you never know when you my be forced to stop and may need to mask up.

Thats why we never stop at red robots

*For those on Tapatalk, the above text is in italics*

In the spirit of showing I care for other human beings, I put it on and then drop it down to my neck. This way I can easily pull it up in a scenario where I might need it and the people I pass at least knows I do have it on my person.

If you want to preserve the cleanliness, just drop it in a Ziploc and then into the jersey pocket.

Best to have it and not need it than the other way round. 99% of SAPS will not give you grief, but try to debate the definition of "vigorous" with that one officer out of the remaining 1%... won't end well for anyone.

Ziploc bag for the win..

Thanks for the Zipclock bag idea!

Main reason we stopped using the boat on holiday, we had the permits, permissions for private use. But the thought of having to explain to some cop shouting at me in Afrikaans about regulations put me off the boating.