A year in stats.

gummibear

Come ride in the South (Glenvista, Bassonia, Mondeor, etc.) and you’ll the vertical miles will add up. Your legs and lungs won’t like it... but it’s possible to get >1000m on a 50Km ride.

Ja but then you'll have to get in an obligatory fight too 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to reach 12000km and 150000m for the year.

My stats:

298 active days

560 hours

13010 km

170363m

Managed just over 5000km for commuting for 6 months. Was aiming for 10000km but Covid put paid to that.

Will be aiming for the same again this year. ????

Some seriously impressive stats from some of the guys here.

My 2020 target was always to improve on 2019 and also exceed 5000km.

I got so close this year...

DAYS ACTIVE - 215

TIME - 331 hours

DISTANCE - 4877km

ELEVATION - 51 959m

Come ride in the South (Glenvista, Bassonia, Mondeor, etc.) and you’ll the vertical miles will add up. Your legs and lungs won’t like it... but it’s possible to get >1000m on a 50Km ride.

But then I have to come out to the south for every ride.

Not very convenient for a quick early morning ride before work.

I know SBR will give me around 1500m over 55km.

But then I have to come out to the south for every ride.

Not very convenient for a quick early morning ride before work.

I know SBR will give me around 1500m over 55km.

Not every ride, and also not in the south. The Vale, Bedfordview and surrounds have some nice punchy climbs too - not as big as the south, but adequate.

A good year considering I've done nothing in the 5 week hard lockdown end March.  Had a great winter - very much helped by the "working from home"

Blessed and grateful that I was safe and healthy...

post-110-0-48667000-1609848100_thumb.png

Edited by Underachiever

Well done everyone on your achievements.

I didn't manage nearly what I had hoped for the year but am still happy that I was just able to get out there and ride my bike.

I think an interesting metric is to divide the total vert for the year by total distance. I get 15.14 meters per kilometre which equates to 756.5 meters on a 50k ride. Basically, it's not flat where I live. ????

I get 22.6m per km :) including the relatively flat rides at Wannabees I do during the week.

But I also ride Helderberg twice a week. So that's +/- 500m elevation over a 5km climb, then 5km downhill to my car. I also ride Jonkershoek over the weekend, and there we are talking more than 1200m per 25km ride. So I don't get alot of distance in hahaha

I get 22.6m per km :) including the relatively flat rides at Wannabees I do during the week.

But I also ride Helderberg twice a week. So that's +/- 500m elevation over a 5km climb, then 5km downhill to my car. I also ride Jonkershoek over the weekend, and there we are talking more than 1200m per 25km ride. So I don't get alot of distance in hahaha

That's a solid effort.

At least what goes up must come down!

Not every ride, and also not in the south. The Vale, Bedfordview and surrounds have some nice punchy climbs too - not as big as the south, but adequate.

That’s where most of my 33 odd thousand meters of elevation came from. Commuting to and from Bedfordview as well as hitting the hills there foe training.

Had a target of 7000km cycling (indoor, road and MTB), 750km running and 100km swimming.

Ended up on 7172km cycling, 766km running (both PBs) but only 14km swimming (separated my shoulder on 31 Dec 2019 and only made it back into the pool at the end of October  :thumbdown: )

Also a hike or two to get to the total.

post-99881-0-73823000-1609934814_thumb.png

Aiming for 7000, 1000 and 120 this year.

More important is what I didn't do:

No Jock, no Panorama, no Swartberg Gran Fondo, not one if my three hoped for trips to the Garden Route and only 9 rides in Q4.

post-50-0-31675400-1609960203_thumb.jpg