Bike support in the Overberg

stillerjudith

Hi. I am currently in Villiersdorp and need someone to help me replace a part of my gear setup (I don't know what it is called. It is the part that you exchange gears with your right thumb). Is there anyone in this area that could maybe help? 

Regards

Judith

Hi Judith

Sounds like your gear selector (bit at the handle bar), or the derailure, or maybe the cable ...

What bike ? Road, MTB, gravel ?

How many gears on the cassette ?

EDIT . Please post photos, as there are so many different options ...

Edited by ChrisF

Hi Judith

Sounds like your gear selector (bit at the handle bar), or the derailure, or maybe the cable ...

The OP is not posting for a chemical analysis of the material but just wants a point in the right direction for a bike shop/mechanic in the area who can assist.

Hi Judith

Thanks. Yes, I think it could be the gear selector. It is a Giant MTB, with a 1x10 setup. I'll take a photo and send it.

Hi Judith

Thanks. Yes, I think it could be the gear selector. It is a Giant MTB, with a 1x10 setup. I'll take a photo and send it.

I’m not aware of any bike shops in Villiersdorp. The closest options will be Franschhoek or Manic Cycles in Worcester.

Jip, one bike shop in Franschoek, and probably more than 5 in Worcester.

I have had some excellent service at King Cycles in Worcester.

Big question though ... wonder which of these will be open on Saterday. I know some local shops only open on Monday.

With any luck a Hubber in the area knows 10 speed MTB systems and can assist.

Thanks for all the help. I am sure the bike shop people would rather be riding their bikes this weekend. I might have to walk my dog over the weekend and go to a bike shop on Monday. Have a great weekend.

Thanks for all the help. I am sure the bike shop people would rather be riding their bikes this weekend. I might have to walk my dog over the weekend and go to a bike shop on Monday. Have a great weekend.

Worcester, as others have suggested, would probably be you best bet.

But yes, I do suspect that most stores are going to be closed until Monday.

Try ringing them early Sat ... you may just get lucky.