Spruit,is the old lady suffering

Dopey

Our dear old lady,braamfontein spruit,have loved her for many years now,rode her on new years day,felt very safe,though she is the the most neglected I have ever seen her,as is most of our parks actually,what also came to light was that the vagrants were actually way more friendly the the arrogant dog walkers and pedestrians,do they not realise we pay same rates and taxes that they do,or are they future land claimants to that area.

Guess I will ride somewhere else for a while till her legs are shaved and she has been nipped and tucked.

I havent ridden there for a long time I hope the municipality cleans her up nicely one day maybe I will return the walkers have right of way have a new years everyone hey

We were promised a few years ago that the vagrants would be cleared would be cleared. 

It was approved by the DA who then tried to put a plan in motion.

Nothing ever happened and now they have a thriving community. There's absolutely f-all chance of getting rid of them now

Our dear old lady,braamfontein spruit,have loved her for many years now,rode her on new years day,felt very safe,though she is the the most neglected I have ever seen her,as is most of our parks actually,what also came to light was that the vagrants were actually way more friendly the the arrogant dog walkers and pedestrians,do they not realise we pay same rates and taxes that they do,or are they future land claimants to that area.

Guess I will ride somewhere else for a while till her legs are shaved and she has been nipped and tucked.

In all my years of riding the Spruit (actively the last 15 years) it always looks its worse in the first week of January. Because of all the rain and holidays the Spruit fairies and City parks can not keep up with maintenace and cleaning. This year even more so. Because the park is off limits due to ockdown, so I doubt any work will be done until it is legally open again.

Thanks to the work of Jozi Trials building specific single track for mtb and walkers there are way more distance between walkers and bikes than what there ever has been.

The new ramps and jump things under Old Parks are absolutely stunning. Every time I run past I wish I had a bike that could jam on there. (and probably some additional bravery)

The grass cutting is slowly happening. As Steve said it always goes mental when the good rains come. I saw them out Victory Park side the other day. But ja, I'm not sure the incentive now to immediately carry on during the off limits period for lockdown.

In all my years of riding the Spruit (actively the last 15 years) it always looks its worse in the first week of January. Because of all the rain and holidays the Spruit fairies and City parks can not keep up with maintenace and cleaning. This year even more so. Because the park is off limits due to ockdown, so I doubt any work will be done until it is legally open again.

Thanks to the work of Jozi Trials building specific single track for mtb and walkers there are way more distance between walkers and bikes than what there ever has been.

"Thanks to the work of Jozi Trials building"... Agree wholeheartedly. They are doing an awesome job

Problem on the spruit and Delta park is the crime. Armed robberies of cyclists and walkers on a weekly basis at the moment.

This morning a rider was tackled off her bike just after Delta. Her bag was cut off her and the guy tried to make off with her bike.

This at 10:45 this morning. A time where the spruit is super busy.

As much as I love the spruit I won’t be back until it is safer again.

Yup these crime incidents are just depressing... and will become more brazen I fear... I used to ride the full length of it stoksiel aleen.

Now, if im in a group of less than 3 I'm concerned and checking over my shoulder... nee man. That's not enjoyment.

Yes Jozi Trails are doing a good job of the trails upkeep and I donate from time to time... but will all go to nought if this crime can't be controlled.

Edited by ByronH

The lady’s husband was a couple of meters ahead of her.

These okes have no fear. Guy was robbed in Delta at 9:30 on a Saturday at the top by the school. Just before you go down the jumps and berms.

Busy areas. WTF

Problem on the spruit and Delta park is the crime. Armed robberies of cyclists and walkers on a weekly basis at the moment.

This morning a rider was tackled off her bike just after Delta. Her bag was cut off her and the guy tried to make off with her bike.

This at 10:45 this morning. A time where the spruit is super busy.

As much as I love the spruit I won’t be back until it is safer again.

Jeepers. That's rough. I assume no injuries but that's mega PTSD sounding . Shame

Jeepers. That's rough. I assume no injuries but that's mega PTSD sounding . Shame

Cuts, bruises, and suspected broken wrist.

Apart from it being closed, we are avoiding the spruit at the moment, too dangerous with a certain individual/group operating there. It is not just cyclists, there have been people walking dogs, runners etc all robbed in and around Delta the last few weeks. The Blairgowrie community fb group has quite a few warnings and incidents at the moment. The long grass doesn't help matters either, easy to hide in wait and disappear quickly.

Apart from it being closed, we are avoiding the spruit at the moment, too dangerous with a certain individual/group operating there. It is not just cyclists, there have been people walking dogs, runners etc all robbed in and around Delta the last few weeks. The Blairgowrie community fb group has quite a few warnings and incidents at the moment. The long grass doesn't help matters either, easy to hide in wait and disappear quickly.

Exactly. Group of 4 with dogs robbed at gunpoint. Middle of the day around the bird sanctuary. 

Definitely looks like the exact same of thugs just milking Delta Park and now spilling down onto the spruit. 

The last incident on the spruit itself they ran into Parkhurst. Most likely a car there waiting to drive off and disappear. 

That being said it must be an awkward one at the police station. Admitting to breaking the law when you report a crime against you. A bit like reporting that your getaway vehicle was stolen while you were trespassing.