Tankwa Trek 2021 still happening?

Gunston

Does anyone know if the Tankwa Trek is still happening as planned on 4 - 7 Feb 2021?  I'm either missing all the comms from their side or there is none...as per the website, it still says all is good to go but the COVID update has been the same for months now...

Highly doubt its going to happen if TransBaviaans had to cancel, Cape Epic postponed and CTCT still not certain to go ahead and Tankwa is a month earlier??!!!

I'm very sure it will be postponed... Mail them, they usually prompt in their response.

I'm more concerned that people still want to enter events at the moment....

Seriously. Just train, stay fit, enjoy the 'you' time and when things clear up then boom, you're good to go.

Living in hope constantly wondering 'will it, won't it, must I, mustn't I' must be so stressful.

Sorry, I'm not trying to tell anyone how to live their lives, but yoh, so many people railing against the inevitable. I'm retired from all racing until all the uncertainty is long gone. 

Eradicate any sort of rollercoaster and just enjoy riding/running/hiking etc with zero anxiety.

But ja... as you were. Sorry for the derail.

On topic, if it goes ahead, you will just wonder if you're packing down in the start chutes and eating at a table next to Rona

The question should rather be, why do event organizers still open entries for their events, despite ongoing COVID.

And so gladly take our money/entry fees with no refunds etc, because they (organizers) have had expenses.

Next time you are at the liquor store, expect to pay a transfer fee, for alcohol you should have bought over New Years but are now only buying at the end of January, because remember the liquor store had expenses (rental, salaries etc).

The question should rather be, why do event organizers still open entries for their events, despite ongoing COVID.

And so gladly take our money/entry fees with no refunds etc, because they (organizers) have had expenses.

Next time you are at the liquor store, expect to pay a transfer fee, for alcohol you should have bought over New Years but are now only buying at the end of January, because remember the liquor store had expenses (rental, salaries etc).

This like 100000x

And I'm fully expecting to hear about atleast 5 new events that are planned for August that will be postponed /canceled and the sheep that pay for those events will then complain. Not like there's A pandemic or anything going on.

Okay whoooosa

Dumb analogy. Just don't enter?

Most of the guys that entered received a mail, postponing to another date still to be confirmed

Interesting, do you know when this was send out?  We have not received a mail as yet.... 

Seriously. Just train, stay fit, enjoy the 'you' time and when things clear up then boom, you're good to go.

Living in hope constantly wondering 'will it, won't it, must I, mustn't I' must be so stressful.

Sorry, I'm not trying to tell anyone how to live their lives, but yoh, so many people railing against the inevitable. I'm retired from all racing until all the uncertainty is long gone. 

Eradicate any sort of rollercoaster and just enjoy riding/running/hiking etc with zero anxiety.

On topic, if it goes ahead, you will just wonder if you're packing down in the start chutes and eating at a table next to Rona

Amen!

I prefer racing myself on strava or virtual partner right now.

Even PPA seeding..... don't give a rats ass about it especially since I now have to race strava segments that rely on peoples honesty of declaring which ebike or motorpacing method they used.

All a farce to keep the rat race going. I'll fix my seeding with a CSA racing license when the time comes.

Till then see ya on the trails. "night" rides Tuesday through Thursday varying from Tokai to Grennbelts + Newlands.

Through in the some imbercile cops yelling at runners and cyclists to wear their masks while running/cycling, ....sigh

Because people are willing to enter under those Ts&Cs. It may not be ethical, but they are also not holding a gun to anyone’s head

).

Willing buyer, willing seller.

I spoke to someone today that said with out races being entered for there is no incentive to train so they don't.

I believe the organizers know this and keep the carrot out there.

I spoke to someone today that said with out races being entered for there is no incentive to train so they don't.

I believe the organizers know this and keep the carrot out there.

i doubt very much the organisers care about participant fitness... it's more about the green in their pockets. i suspect it's more a 'hit and hope'