GT Avalanche - Help Spares needed.

Deetlefskn

Hi Everyone 

Compliments of the season.

I bought a GT avalanche a while back and i bought it with a single gear front and back.

I am now trying to get it back to its former glory with a rear cassette and i am currently in search of the derailleur hanger.

i have attached an example -

please could someone advise on where i might be able to obtain such a relic.

thank you in advance

post-101567-0-26796900-1609769668_thumb.jpg

I would recommend visiting a few bike shops who are in the habit of keeping spares. Westdene is one option - they have a box of hangers you can search through for any matches.

Richiebikespares can probably help you out.

I'll be back home on Saturday, so I can tell you which model it is. A search of Google will reveal where it can be found 

I bought a hanger for my GT avalanche a few years back from Tony Impey. I tried a few shops before going there. BUT with it being an older item now, having a sample would help. Do you have one? I might have one lying around, I would need to check but I would need it back once you come right. Let me know, we don't stay too far from each other I see. I am in edenglen.

Otherwise, put a wanted ad in the classifieds, you never know who might see it.

Thank you that would be a massive help - I Dont have one unfortunately as i bought the bike without it.- if you do have one lying around - i would like to borrow it as i could potentially have one made and could use it as a sample.

I bought a hanger for my GT avalanche a few years back from Tony Impey. I tried a few shops before going there. BUT with it being an older item now, having a sample would help. Do you have one? I might have one lying around, I would need to check but I would need it back once you come right. Let me know, we don't stay too far from each other I see. I am in edenglen.

Otherwise, put a wanted ad in the classifieds, you never know who might see it.

Thank you that would be a massive help - I Dont have one unfortunately as i bought the bike without it.- if you do have one lying around - i would like to borrow it as i could potentially have one made and could use it as a sample.

I could lend you one when I get back as a sample.

Then just replace it when you get another

Solomons here in PTA has a very wide variety of hangers. But I also think a LBS may be able to order one for you from Omnico.