Another couple of Garmin Fenix 6x questions

rival

So I am looking at buying the Fenix 6x. I'm leaning towards the Sapphire, but would probably have bought the Pro from Takealot for R9999 if I didn't miss that deal last week. The Pro is R12k at Takealot now, and the Sapphire is between R15k and R16k. At these prices I'll probably still go Sapphire (unless I get a really good deal on the Pro somewhere).

I'm currently on a Fenix 3 (not Sapphire, not HR) I love the color of the bezel. Does this color compare to the 6x Sapphire bezel? Not so sure about the black on the Pro.

Amazon is the same price as local after shipping, duties and having to buy additional maps. I've checked Takealot, Makro, EasyGIS, Navworld, Cape Union and Sportsmans Warehouse. Have I covered my options there, or are there any other suggestions on where to compare prices?

:thumbup:

Hi Rival,

I recently got the Fenix 6 Pro, the "black" is not that dark as it seems in the pictures.

Before I had the Fenix 5 and a Fenix 3, both non - sapphire, and I'm very impressed with the Fenix 6, it was worth the upgrade for me - maps, music and NFC (contactless payments), sleep measures etc are now on the watch it self which is very nice. I can't comment on sapphire as I never had one before.

The Fenix 6X Pro for R9999 is a very good deal imo, Takealot has daily Garmin specials so maybe hang ten a week or two and see if it pops up again?

So I am looking at buying the Fenix 6x. I'm leaning towards the Sapphire, but would probably have bought the Pro from Takealot for R9999 if I didn't miss that deal last week. The Pro is R12k at Takealot now, and the Sapphire is between R15k and R16k. At these prices I'll probably still go Sapphire (unless I get a really good deal on the Pro somewhere).

I'm currently on a Fenix 3 (not Sapphire, not HR) I love the color of the bezel. Does this color compare to the 6x Sapphire bezel? Not so sure about the black on the Pro.

Amazon is the same price as local after shipping, duties and having to buy additional maps. I've checked Takealot, Makro, EasyGIS, Navworld, Cape Union and Sportsmans Warehouse. Have I covered my options there, or are there any other suggestions on where to compare prices?

Hi Rival

If you are looking for a Deal or something specific drop us a mail and lets see if we can assist you.

sales@easybike.co.za

Regards

EasyBike

Hi Rival,

I recently got the Fenix 6 Pro, the "black" is not that dark as it seems in the pictures.

Before I had the Fenix 5 and a Fenix 3, both non - sapphire, and I'm very impressed with the Fenix 6, it was worth the upgrade for me - maps, music and NFC (contactless payments), sleep measures etc are now on the watch it self which is very nice. I can't comment on sapphire as I never had one before.

The Fenix 6X Pro for R9999 is a very good deal imo, Takealot has daily Garmin specials so maybe hang ten a week or two and see if it pops up again?

Thanks, that helps. I'm going to go see if one of the stores has an open box of the Pro so I can see the color.

Hi Rival

If you are looking for a Deal or something specific drop us a mail and lets see if we can assist you.

sales@easybike.co.za

Regards

EasyBike

Email sent 

Im looking at the 6 that Makro has on special for R7999. is it worth it? i have never had the watches 

Im looking at the 6 that Makro has on special for R7999. is it worth it? i have never had the watches 

Hi Hamstring.

Rather save up a little and go for the Pro.

Send us a mail and lets see if you can also put together a deal for you.

sales@easybike.co.za

Regards

EasyBike

No music, maps, or wifi on the standard 6, only on Pro/Sapphire/Solar. The rest seems to be relatively the same features. Personally I wouldn't settle for the standard.

dcrainmaker has several nice videos on the Fenix 6 range.

I was really indecisive about the Pro vs the Sapphire, but ended up ordering the 6x Pro from EasyBike this morning. The R3k extra for the Sapphire was just too big a difference for the same functionality. I'll put a screen-protector on and see what happens. Excited to try out the new features.

I was really indecisive about the Pro vs the Sapphire, but ended up ordering the 6x Pro from EasyBike this morning. The R3k extra for the Sapphire was just too big a difference for the same functionality. I'll put a screen-protector on and see what happens. Excited to try out the new features.

Good move, I had the 3 & 5 Sapphire editions and to be honest, I’m not sure it was worth the cash. I’ve had the 6X Pro for about a year now and am super happy with it.

I’ve used my fēnix watches as day to day watches since the series 2 came out and they’re the bomb.

Edited by Jigghead

Good move, I had the 3 & 5 Sapphire editions and to be honest, I’m not sure it was worth the cash. I’ve had the 6X Pro for about a year now and am super happy with it.

I’ve used my fēnix watches as day to day watches since the series 2 came out and they’re the bomb.

I've a fenix 5 sapphire for 2 years and not one scratch on the face. but the bezel is largely unscathed, and i'm unusually adept at scratching a pristine glass surface soon after acquiring it, so i'm happy i went that route

I've a fenix 5 sapphire for 2 years and not one scratch on the face. but the bezel is largely unscathed, and i'm unusually adept at scratching a pristine glass surface soon after acquiring it, so i'm happy i went that route