Riding times

TNT1

I can't find a thread about it anywhere, and I'm not sure if this is the correct area to post this.

When is everyone riding now, and when are you all going to ride when you're all back at work?

This 6 am BS has thrown a real pump in the spokes as it were.

I ask as this came up during our coffee stop today as most are going to be back at work from Monday. Are people going to simply break curfew and ride earlier (and then bitch and moan when plod makes an example of a group out riding at 5am)?

Going back to indoor training? After work?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

back to indoors for me in the week.

6am is too late, roads already busy by then.

I'm sure there will be many who ride earlier and just ignore all the rules.

I have a permit that allows me to travel during curfew for work as I start very early and even if I drive I sometimes need to leave before 06h00 so when I start commuting again I will just use the permit if need be. I will genuinely be going to work and will have a bag on my back but I am sure if you can organise the permit and just ride with a bag with some work looking stuff in it you should be fine.

Stationery trainer, simple.

You certainly don't want to take a fall and end up in hospital.....Don't take the risk it's the law and its time to stay safe.

You can do a lot on a trainer. I did a sub 3 Argus totally training on a trainer, had shoulder surgery and had no option. First ride on the road was 100km the week before!

Stationery trainer, simple.

You certainly don't want to take a fall and end up in hospital.....Don't take the risk it's the law and its time to stay safe.

You can do a lot on a trainer. I did a sub 3 Argus totally training on a trainer, had shoulder surgery and had no option. First ride on the road was 100km the week before!

Huh?

You're allowed to ride on the road. 

Aren't we in this crap largely because people didn't follow the rules.?

Perhaps time to change our ways rather than finding ways to bend the rules ...

Yip

Huh?

You're allowed to ride on the road.

You are, within the rules.

I however certainly would not be taking risks that are not paramount.

The curfew times and alcohol bans ect are also geared to reduce emergency ward demands.

Edited by BMXER

Such negativity.

I was simply asking what the thinking is regarding riding when everyone is back at work.

Nowhere did I suggest breaking the law or anything.

What the twatwaffle about taking risks and falling and crap is about is beyond me.

I feel like like having a set rule from 6am is ridiculous. The danger that it holds for cyclist is far worse than covid.

I dont have the answer, but we dont ride to be indoors, we ride to get out.

New work is 2km from home, if I leave home at 6 on the dot I can get my 27km loop in and still have enough time to shower, eat and get to work.

If I get up even slightly later then I have to limit my ride to 20km.

I am commuting once a week, return Hout Bay to Cape Town, depart at 6am sharp, gets me to Paarden Eiland at 7:15am, then 45 minutes cool down, basin sponge down, coffee, and then ready to welcome the staff, so I really do feel - for me, anyway, 6am is fine.

I guess some riders could ride from home back to home - duration of 1 hour, getting back by 7am, and then get ready for leaving to work, etc? Not perfect, but hell, these are tough times...

Anyway, I am glass-half-full type of guy, stoked we CAN ride, 6 am seems a minor inconvenience, at best!

Cheers

Chris

Off topic but are we allowed to ride and run without masks. I heard that the Health Minister said that we are allowed.

They stated masks not required for vigorous exercises

So just pedal harder and faster

Yeah this 6am story really eats into the cycling routine