Oil Volume in Fox Fork

Block

Spend whole afternoon looking at Fox Oil volume charts on their Website but cannot find my fork description on there. Their website gives it the following description based on my fork's serial no.

2012 Evolution Series 32 Float 29 100

Can anybody help. I need to replace all the oil in the system bottom and upper legs.

Thanks

Edited by Block

To the best of my knowledge the damper takes 74 ml Fox Red (10 wt).  Whatever the volume is the oil must cover the piston of the damper mechanism.  The lowers take 30 ml of lube oil each side.  Now Fox Gold - the spec used to be for Fox Green. Air chamber takes 5 ml float fluid.

Thanks for responses.

Jusy to confirm I am on yhe right track - How would I know if it is a FIT or Open bath.

This is description from website:

2012,32-A, FLOAT29E-S,100,RL,O/B,

I assume the O/B refers to Open Bath

Is there any alternative oils to the fox red 10wt and fox gold 20wt

Thanks for responses.

Jusy to confirm I am on yhe right track - How would I know if it is a FIT or Open bath.

Yeah, Castrol Magnatec 5w-40 can replace Fox Gold.

Don't worry about the damper oil, i doubt you'll be doing that service yourself. Leave it to a mechanic who has the tools and the know how.

The fox float fluid can be bought in small blister packs for next to nothing, use one per service.

Thanks for responses.

I think you be correct - Most FIT forks have stickers on the lowers just below the seals saying FIT

/TERRALOGIC

For my lower service i bought 10WT fork oil from my local motorbike shop get a syringe from dischem to measure out the volume for each side

Thanks guys for all the feedback.

Got some 10w oil from local motor bike store (KTM in Westrand). Surprise at price. R210 FOR 1L vs LBS R652 for 1l.

Fork done. Smooth as butter and all working 100%

That's an open bath fork, so you'll need 30cc in the spring leg and 160cc in the damper leg.

You'll also need to drain the oil from the damper before refilling - there's a check shim in the base valve which you'll need to open by pushing a 1.5mm hex key or similar into while cycling the damper, which will let the oil out.