Muc-Off Tubeless Valves

TheoG

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Specifically muc-off? Not sure anyone brings in locally

I have used the Quaxar valves https://www.paragontech.co.za/product-category/wheel-parts-related/tubeless-valves/ which you should be able to get from your LBS

They also sell KCNC valves or Two Wheels Trading for Lezyne valves.

https://twowheelstrading.co.za/product/lezyne/repair/tyre-valve-stem-cnc-tlr-valve-44mm-blk/

Edited by DJuice

Thanks, not the same.  The Quaxar ones is more or less the same as any other tubeless valves.  I like the muc-off ones because the rubber part is supported from the inside with Al (part of the valve base).

I'm struggling to get my damn valves to seal properly and reliably.  Probably to do with my rim shape on the inside and the fact that the valve holes are to big, can move the valve side to side way to much.

how much are peaty's valves ?

Just googled, didn't know them, that also look good, price similar to the Lezyne ones but doesn't look like local.

Thanks, those are std. ones with a "rubber only head", no Al support for the rubber from the inside.

Just googled, didn't know them, that also look good, price similar to the Lezyne ones but doesn't look like local.

For sure not local but I'm pretty sure steve outsourced the manufacturing to chris king so quality should be right up there with the best 

Thanks, not the same.  The Quaxar ones is more or less the same as any other tubeless valves.  I like the muc-off ones because the rubber part is supported from the inside with Al (part of the valve base).

I'm struggling to get my damn valves to seal properly and reliably.  Probably to do with my rim shape on the inside and the fact that the valve holes are to big, can move the valve side to side way to much.

be careful of the valves with exposed alloy bases. The ammonia and salts in some sealants is a lovely electrolyte for ion exchange and the valves will be the sacrificial anode leading to failure.

If you do decide to use these just remember to replace them annually.

I've stuck to brass for this reason except for road tubeless where the only option in 60mm length valves is alloy. I'll just bin the current valves in December 2021 assumign they don't fall apart before then but Enduro Seal seems very friendly at the moment

I use Muc-Off valves and order them from Merlin in the UK. Worth it if you are ordering a couple of items, the valves by themselves don't justify the shipping fee.

I have a spare set of Muc-Off 80mm black valves. DM me if that is what you are looking for.