30South Eyewear

mecheng89

Good morning Hubbers, from a miserable GP.

Anyone used these guys before? Seems they made give DÁrcs a run for their money. Been buying DArcs since forever and been pleased with their customer service and pricing. New glasses look and feel great too.

https://www.30southeyewear.com/

Ive bought several casual pairs, very happy so far.

Optically they seem to work as advertized - polarized and reduced glare.

Ive bought a photochromatic pair as well, have not used these yet.

I have also not tested the warranty.

Edited by Christie

Coincidentally I ordered some this morning and just received notification they have been shipped so should know soon. Just took a chance with ordering them.

• 2 years later...

Reviving the thread for a classic Friday rant.

I've had a pair of "originals" for a while. Bought it on a Black Friday sale R450,00 instead of R650. I needed something sports-casual for e.g. running, paddling, etc. where I won't be too sorry if I lost it in water, broke the frame, etc. General reviews were limited but decent, but my impressions not so much:

• The "feel" is on the cheap side. Feels more like R150 glasses than a R650 pair
  • "HDo (High Definition optics) lenses" is anything but High Definition. It really does not compare to High Definition Optics with an ® from Oakley.
  • The anti-glare coating wore off after 1 year. Customer service claims that it shouldn't affect UV protection, but I'm not sure. I've ordered a replacement pair of lenses in Dec 22, but they keep getting backlogged due to shipping issues.

So, ja, wouldn't recommended.