Apex A900

Clashwithjacques

It depends on what you want to do with it. For trips around the neighbourhood, it will do the job well. It will handle the odd off-road excursion, but if you want to do regular off road rides, look at something else.

Someone already asked a question on this bike on Bikehub and those that had bought the bike didn't have much good to say.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I’ve searched here and found only one other post on the A900. I didn’t see any posts that listed the specific cons with the bike from people who’ve ridden it. So still comes across as opinion perhaps based on the brand and spec.

With that said is there an opinion on the ‘A900 pro’ spec? Is it any different from the view on the A900... noticed differences in the spec particular the range on the cassette... but I’m not even a newbie yet so advice is appreciated.

Thanks

E

Hi guys

I’ve searched here and found only one other post on the A900. I didn’t see any posts that listed the specific cons with the bike from people who’ve ridden it. So still comes across as opinion perhaps based on the brand and spec.

With that said is there an opinion on the ‘A900 pro’ spec? Is it any different from the view on the A900... noticed differences in the spec particular the range on the cassette... but I’m not even a newbie yet so advice is appreciated.

Thanks

E

The spec sheets shows it is still is very basic entry level unit.

Rather buy a secondhand Titan or Silverback

• 1 year later...
On 1/11/2021 at 9:19 PM, Eugene said:

It depends on what you want to do with it. For trips around the neighbourhood, it will do the job well. It will handle the odd off-road excursion, but if you want to do regular off road rides, look at something else.

Someone already asked a question on this bike on Bikehub and those that had bought the bike didn't have much good to say.

https://forum.bikehub.co.za/topic/185534-apex-bicycles/

I found this . Previous posts on Apex. I don't know the brand myself but it seems to fall somewhere between a "real" mountain bike and a Makro special. 

Look for 2nd hand here on the HUB. If you ask for advice people here will gladly point you in the right direction. You may even find new entry level hardtails being discounted as the 2023 models come in.

Edit : Reading through the whole thread again there are some divided opinions.  Ja... well ...maybe.

Edited by Blokman