Recovered Stolen Bicycles

-Az-

OFFICE OF THE STATION COMMANDER: TABLE VIEW

14 JANUARY 2021

SUSPECT ARRESTED AND STOLEN BICYCLES WORTH R850 000 RECOVERED 

TABLE VIEW: The swift reaction by an armed response company and Table View police, led to the arrest of a suspect and the recovery of high end bicycles valued at around R850 000.

On Wednesday, 13 January 2021 shortly after 21:00 a security guard at a retail centre in Sunningdale was approached by three armed suspects who took his cellular telephone and hand radio. They proceeded to burgle a bicycle shop by gaining access through a window which was smashed with a concrete slab. The suspects fled with a number of bicycles in a getaway vehicle.

The security guard managed to activate a panic button and within minutes the armed response officers arrived at the scene and the suspects fled. Table View police was also alerted and soon joined the armed response officers in the apprehension of the fleeing suspects.

Eventually, the robbers were cornered and stopped their vehicle and fled further on foot in different directions.  Police fired one shot and injured one of the suspects and arrested him.  His accomplices managed to escape and are being sought. 

The injured suspect was taken to hospital for treatment, and will make his court appearance once he has been discharged. All the stolen bikes have been recovered. 

Table View Station Commander, Colonel Lindiwe Dyantyi expressed her gratitude and applauded the armed response officers for their swift reaction and for alerting police. She is urging anyone with information on the whereabouts of the other suspects to contact Table View police at 021 521 3300, or Crime Stop on 08600 10111.

Ends.

Enquiries:

Captain Adriana Chandler

post-35765-0-69972800-1610613484_thumb.jpg

post-35765-0-72862500-1610613490_thumb.jpg

post-35765-0-62130200-1610613496_thumb.jpg

post-35765-0-36124500-1610613507_thumb.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, excellent news indeed - a very happy ending, about time more crooks were put behind bars - I think the one captured (and injured) suspect is going to need to sing on his escaped colleagues, interesting to see how THAT pans out!

CHris

Jeepers!

Edit: Wait, this is just from one incident. I thought the R850K might have been a syndicate depot or something.

Jeepers!

Edit: Wait, this is just from one incident. I thought the R850K might have been a syndicate depot or something.

I was hoping it was a syndicate depot, but from that article it looks like 1 incident.

The security company that helped me with recovering my bike after was involved. He sends me pics and updates when they make a bust from time to time. Ive said it many times on here but they are legit. Fighting the good fight.

post-64325-0-65978100-1610630962_thumb.jpeg

post-64325-0-46058500-1610630972_thumb.jpeg

post-64325-0-11015200-1610631053_thumb.jpeg

No doubt said bikes will have some scratches after being literally piled into the vehicle....sad but glad they got busted. wont be their first Rodeo

The security company that helped me with recovering my bike after was involved. He sends me pics and updates when they make a bust from time to time. Ive said it many times on here but they are legit. Fighting the good fight.

Won't you pass the info on to the security company about the Crown Cycle incident using the same bus

Isn't that the same VW bus that tried to Rob Crown Cycles a couple of nights ago

That looked more like a VW caddy (white)

Previous robbery @ Crown looked like a BMW X3 (silver)

This was a vw transporter. As he mentioned in that whatsapp, the vehicle has already been linked to a similar incident. Ill mention it to him regardless.

Edit:

post-64325-0-14979600-1610633496_thumb.jpeg

Edited by morneS555