Clearing an MTB path up Constantia Nek

There is a gravel road that runs above the tar road. If you cross the tar road at the bottom at Disa River road go right for a bit and then up Blue valley avenue till you hit Bay road. Take a left in Bay road. Bay road becomes gravel and spits you out right near the circle at the top of the neck

Sorry not sure how to insert a map here

Found my Strava link for that ride

https://www.strava.com/activities/3852155345

It's called the pump track....there's a water pump station nearby Edited by Madone69

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can also bike to the end of Valley Rd (past Disa Bridge) and go through a small park and cross the River via

pedestrian bridge. It pops you out by the old Long Kloof building on Constantia Nek

• 6 months later...

I,ve got a chain saw, and some gardening tools; wondering if we could get a small group - 6 - 10 guys together one weekend to FURTHER improve this track up C’Nek HB side? Sweep it, cut odd protruding branch, IF IT NEEDS IT?

Especially since the (Hout Bay) PIPE TRACK is now closed…

cheers

Chris

Happy to join just to see where to ride. :)

Also have tools / chainsaw (petrol) and battery powered things like edge trimmers / hedge trimmers etc.

I rode it today, cannot see anything that needs cutting whatsoever…

could use a bit of SERIOUS fill in a large Donga, just as you approach theC’Nek parking lot , right before/close to the caravan; quick detour to get around the donga, especially on my 26”er!

Would be great to create a new track from Disa River Rd to Longkloof Rd hugging the fenceline. Plenty of space but it would take some work. It would be amazing. It would keep us away from the edge of the road.

Edited by porqui

On 1/20/2021 at 7:23 AM, tubed said:

My guess would be Table Mountain Bikers, seems like some initial work has also been done on the Ruyterplaats Estate link and a TMB request for trail support small notice has been placed.

How does this Ruyterplaats Estate link work?  I've seen on Strava that some people seem to go through there - do you just rock up at the gate and they let you through on the road, or is there an actual trail somewhere in there?  Can it be done in reverse?  IE - riding up from the World of Birds side?

28 minutes ago, dirtypot said:

How does this Ruyterplaats Estate link work?  I've seen on Strava that some people seem to go through there - do you just rock up at the gate and they let you through on the road, or is there an actual trail somewhere in there?  Can it be done in reverse?  IE - riding up from the World of Birds side?

If you enter from the top at the estate main entrance the guards will lift the boom for you and wave you through on down the bricks and down what looks like a bricked driveway to the left of the old white homestead, you will then see the trail in front of you and follow the tracks.

If you are heading past World of Birds up Victorskloof road, you go as far as you can up the brick road and track to the estate fence/ gate, on the left pillar is an intercom, buzz that and the security will buzz the gate open for you, then just follow the tracks up.

12 minutes ago, tubed said:

If you enter from the top at the estate main entrance the guards will lift the boom for you and wave you through on down the bricks and down what looks like a bricked driveway to the left of the old white homestead, you will then see the trail in front of you and follow the tracks.

If you are heading past World of Birds up Victorskloof road, you go as far as you can up the brick road and track to the estate fence/ gate, on the left pillar is an intercom, buzz that and the security will buzz the gate open for you, then just follow the tracks up.

We do that most mornings on our road ride... 

World of birds to top of Suikerbossie. It adds a bit of spice to the loop

4 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

We do that most mornings on our road ride... 

World of birds to top of Suikerbossie. It adds a bit of spice to the loop

The Pavé segment... Always fun to include on a loop when your mate tells you he has just cleaned his bike! (especially in winter)

First time I am hearing about this path, I am trying to see what segment you are referring to on Strava, is it this one?

Screenshot 2021-08-23 141437.jpg

2 hours ago, Sid the Sloth said:

The Pavé segment... Always fun to include on a loop when your mate tells you he has just cleaned his bike! (especially in winter)

???? "The Pavé segment" . Strictly speaking they are 'Pavé sectors' . Whereas I believe Stava has segments. What was I thinking calling it a brick road.

Seriously though you have got me all excited now remembering that we still have a Paris Roubaix still in October......hoping for an early Euro winter.