Rockshox sid 100mm 29er travel increase.

Johnny 55

Hi guys,

On my previous bike i had rockshox judy gold which i got converted to 120mm travel easily. My new bike has sid 100mm, i took it in and they removed a token or spacer but the travel is still 100mm and not 120mm which i asked for. Can someone please explain to me what must still come out to increase the travel with 20mm.

Thank you all.

Hi guys,

On my previous bike i had rockshox judy gold which i got converted to 120mm travel easily. My new bike has sid 100mm, i took it in and they removed a token or spacer but the travel is still 100mm and not 120mm which i asked for. Can someone please explain to me what must still come out to increase the travel with 20mm.

Thank you all.

It depends on your model of sid, some can be increased, some cannot. If yours is one that can be increased it is as simple as ordering a new air spring and swopping it out. Any lbs will be able to assist. Contact one, give them the serial number - they will contact the distributors and confirm if it can be done and what part number you need.

Ok cool, thanks grease monkey.????????

PS, tokens do not have anything to do with travel, they have to do with how progressive your fork is. In short, more volume spacers means the fork will get harder to compress the deeper you go into the travel. Less spacers mean it has a more linear feel and you will bottom it out easier compared to more tokens at a given pressure.

Some forks such as MRP use spacers to adjust travel. Others like Rock Shox and Foc require air springs to be swapped out.

If it can be done you are looking at roughly R1000.