Carbon frame respray

Grass Muncher

I baught a bike. The paint job on the frame looks bad. Nobody would want to buy a frame that has a bad/ amateurish cycling team's name written on it with all it's sponsors...

I would like to sell the duel sus frame for R4500 as is.

I know a guy who will charge me approximately R1500 to respray the frame.

Does anyone have experience doing this and what I should use.

There is no carbon chips but deep paint chips. Is there a certain epoxy or carbon glue I can rather use to just fill the paint chips??

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends on what the frame is underneath the new paint job. Yes you'll be looking at around R1500 to do the respray but if it's some cheap Chinese frame then you may struggle to get your money back. Especially if you want to sell the frame directly after doing the work, then it may sting a bit more  :D. But, if it is a proper frame like a well known brand then you may actually be able to make some money by doing it right. 

I baught a bike. The paint job on the frame looks bad. Nobody would want to buy a frame that has a bad/ amateurish cycling team's name written on it with all it's sponsors...

I would like to sell the duel sus frame for R4500 as is.

I know a guy who will charge me approximately R1500 to respray the frame.

Does anyone have experience doing this and what I should use.

There is no carbon chips but deep paint chips. Is there a certain epoxy or carbon glue I can rather use to just fill the paint chips??

I feel like this thread needs pictures of this.

The bike rode the 2014 cape epic by some swiss woman, I'm not sure. It appears that the frame has some sort of lgbtq theme going on there. R4500 might be too much as is.

Does nobody know what protective lair comes over the carbon and where I might buy something like it because I woupd like to patch my own bike up wherebit has paint chips.

post-160029-0-92496400-1610968720_thumb.jpg

The bike rode the 2014 cape epic by some swiss woman, I'm not sure. It appears that the frame has some sort of lgbtq theme going on there. R4500 might be too much as is.

Does nobody know what protective lair comes over the carbon and where I might buy something like it because I woupd like to patch my own bike up wherebit has paint chips.

I think that LGBTQ paint job may represent some of her wins. I think you may actually be able to get more for that frame as a piece of memorabilia to the right buyer than if you respray it. 

"Bad / amateurish cycling team"; "some Swiss woman".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Turns out the OP might have to eat his hat or something.

SMH

Woaah slow down. Have you checked first if that "Swiss woman", probably Esther Suss, did not win the Epic on that?

Looking through the 2014 photos, it does look like a distinct possibility.  So much more reason to keep it original and repaired professionally.

I had to respray my frame, those chips can probably be repaired much cheaper.  Rather talk to Annette at Cycledelic before you make any decisions.