Rollers Wheelbase

ajnkzn

Hi guys

Hope everyone is well!

I bought some TacX Antares rollers as I’m not ready to spend the cash on a full trainer setup yet and I like the old skool vibe of rollers.

Got them set up aaaaaand, the wheelbase is way too short for my MTB. Max on the Antares is 1100mm and my bike has a 1210mm or so wheelbase.

It is a slightly older set of TacX - are the latest ones longer?

Alternatively, what on wheel basic trainers would work for a 29er MTB with 2.3 - 2.4 inch tyres please?

Thanks for your help!

Wheel-on trainers will destroy your rear 2.4 in no time, that is if the noise does not deafen you beforehand.

There are some basic trainers to be had for R500 to R1000 in the classifieds, and then I would suggest a second wheel with trainer/road tire dedicated, that can be swapped out if you want to use the trainer.

Hi guys

Hope everyone is well!

I bought some TacX Antares rollers as I’m not ready to spend the cash on a full trainer setup yet and I like the old skool vibe of rollers.

Got them set up aaaaaand, the wheelbase is way too short for my MTB. Max on the Antares is 1100mm and my bike has a 1210mm or so wheelbase.

It is a slightly older set of TacX - are the latest ones longer?

Alternatively, what on wheel basic trainers would work for a 29er MTB with 2.3 - 2.4 inch tyres please?

Thanks for your help!

I am sure you can make a little extension

Alu angle. Drill some hole and bolts

Maybe should try that - I just dunno how long the belt will last stretches beyond its design limits.