Cycling bibshort repair

KirJOL

Hello Hubbers,

I have a hole in my Castelli bibshorts after a nasty fall. I would like to ask if anyone has experience with a trustworthy seamstress that can repair high-quality Italian lycra. Due to the cost of this garment, I would like to take it only to a person who you have had a personal experience with, and knows how to work with this material. 

Appreciate any and all insights.

I'm based in Fourways, Johannesburg. 

Edited by KirJOL

Hello Hubbers,

I have a hole in my Castelli bibshorts after a nasty hole. I would like to ask if anyone has experience with a trustworthy seamstress that can repair high-quality Italian lycra. Due to the cost of this garment, I would like to take it only to a person who you have had a personal experience with, and knows how to work with this material. 

I'm based in Fourways, Sandton, Johannesburg. 

This hole from a nasty hole, how big is it? How old is the high-quality italion lycra garment? 

Having been scrapped off the tarmac a few in the previous calendar cycle, I just handed the garment to my chamber maid (wife) to sew up. They are only high-quality spanish lycra however.

Edited by Pure Savage

I'm always fascinated by the psychology of an internet troll. You have no insight to offer, but still take the time to post a pointless reply to a random stranger online. I will continue dreaming of a time when someone that knows what they're talking about responds instead... 

This hole from a nasty hole, how big is it? How old is the high-quality italion lycra garment? 

Having been scrapped off the tarmac a few in the previous calendar cycle, I just handed the garment to my chamber maid (wife) to sew up. They are only high-quality spanish lycra however.

I'm always fascinated by the psychology of an internet troll. You have no insight to offer, but still take the time to post a pointless reply to a random stranger online. I will continue dreaming of a time when someone that knows what they're talking about responds instead... 

Oh kind sir, you are yet to answer the questions posed. A little hole can be repaired by any expert seamstress, however if it is a large hole, one would have to match the fine italion lycra. The age of which would make it harder if it is older. 

Dont post half arsed questions of vagueness without getting some more questions asked.

Hello Hubbers,

I have a hole in my Castelli bibshorts after a nasty fall. I would like to ask if anyone has experience with a trustworthy seamstress that can repair high-quality Italian lycra. Due to the cost of this garment, I would like to take it only to a person who you have had a personal experience with, and knows how to work with this material. 

I'm based in Fourways, Johannesburg. 

Dont ask for any and all insight then moan about getting any and all insight.

I thought you were taking the piss, which you probably are, but here goes anyway. The garment is fairly new, less than a year. My question was specifically tailored towards someone who has had such a garment repaired, and where this was done. The reason I mention premium Italian is to distinguish from Ciovita/First Ascent/Cape Storm etc... The hole is small, about the diameter of a pen, but due to it's location in a high-tension part of the garment covering my hamstring, I imagine that there's some technique involved in achieving a long-lasting repair. 

Edited by KirJOL

Spoken to Castelli locally? Sure they might be able point you in the right direction. https://www.castelli.co.za

Anatomic are on Beyers Naude, even though the factory itself is in Parys, I remember there being an seamstress on site at the factory shop.

Panda Sports are in Alberton.

J@J Cycling are the Assos suppliers and offer a repair service, additionally there are a number of local manufacturers who might able to help. Civiota, Enjoy etc ....

Perhaps worth a shot.

I thought you were taking the piss, which you probably are, but here goes anyway. The garment is fairly new, less than a year. My question was specifically tailored towards someone who has had such a garment repaired, and where this was done. The reason I mention premium Italian is to distinguish from Ciovita/First Ascent/Cape Storm etc... The hole is small, about the diameter of a pen, but due to it's location in a high-tension part of the garment covering my hamstring, I imagine that there's some technique involved in achieving a long-lasting repair. 

No worries, for a hole that small one can probably get away with stitching the hole back up. The hole is too small to try add a patch or replace an entire panel. Any other way will not look nice.

Is it close to a seem? 

If you in Jhb I would take it to a seemstress that makes cycling kit/swimming suits. I have used a lady in Cape Town that makes custom swimming costumes to repair bibs and shirts. As you dont have to replace any panels its a far simpler job.

Side note: Ciovita uses Italion lycra as well for their premium garmants. 

Seems like wistful musings are the order of the day.....

There's a hole in my bucket dear Liza dear Liza,there's a hole in my bucket dear Liza a hole.

Well fix it dear Henry dear Henry dear Henry,well fix it dear Henry,dear Henry fix it.