Michelin Tyre Oozing Pink Stuff

nickvink30@yahoo.com

So I was wondering if anybody else has seen this happen to their Michelin Tyres.

I fitted these late Dec and they've started oozing this weird pink rubbery stuff. Have no idea if its a defect or what and am worried about the tyres integrity if I remove it? Furthermore, it doesn't look all that appealing.

The tyres in question are Michelin Pro 4 Endurance.

I tried taking it up with the supplier but no response as yet.

Has this happened to any of you and is there cause for concern?

Nick

post-50008-0-15573700-1611140624_thumb.jpg

post-50008-0-58969100-1611140655_thumb.jpg

post-50008-0-15573700-1611140624_thumb.jpg

post-50008-0-58969100-1611140655_thumb.jpg

Edited by nickvink30@yahoo.com

Apparently its not uncommon with these. Michelin has in the pasy responded that its a pre treatment sprayed onto the under layers before the final top layer is applied and vulcanized. If they get it wrong, too much is applied and can ooze out like this. Apparently only affects very small batches, and is nothing to worry about from their view, and anecdotal evidence from people who've had the same issue...

Apparently its not uncommon with these. Michelin has in the pasy responded that its a pre treatment sprayed onto the under layers before the final top layer is applied and vulcanized. If they get it wrong, too much is applied and can ooze out like this. Apparently only affects very small batches, and is nothing to worry about from their view, and anecdotal evidence from people who've had the same issue...

Thanks Butterbean. I want to scrape it off as it looks so wrong. Still a little concerned about sidewall integrity though as it will remove this "bonding" material. Had i known this would happen I doubt I would have purchased.

I was going to make a crack about the OP's wheelset being gay, but thought better of it.

Will slap your ass next time I come flying past, pink wheels and all  :)

Edited by nickvink30@yahoo.com