Cyclists attacked in Muldersdrift

Mojoman

Saw this just now on the big FB...

An attack on two cyclists in Diswilmar, Muldersdrift on Thursday morning, 21 January has left one person in a serious condition and needing medical assistance.

https://krugersdorpnews.co.za/450208/cyclists-targeted-in-early-morning-robbery-one-seriously-injured/?fbclid=IwAR3mAOYoLA_Nu4sX8kBd9N0lsP_QfGleNNGQEKC7mnLWe6e8XAtd4AYXkAE

Such a sad place we live in. Strongs to the cyclist who needed medical attention. Be safe out there all

Mudderbeeches!!! 

Although I dont generally ride near Cradlestone, it is in close vicinity to the general area I do ride in. So much for an early morning spin tomorrow. Zwift it will be.

Hope the cyclist has a speedy recovery.

Hi all........................any idea exactly where this occurred? I read the report..................still a huge area to try and avoid............... :cursing:

Accorging to the victim's Strava this is where it happened = where Strave stopped

https://www.strava.com/activities/4655245972

Thank you! This is hectic man............................I often cycle this same route......................on my own.............dammit..................get cold shivers just thinking about this!!

OK................not the whole route........................but the area where incident ocurred..............

Edited by WhuYu

Looking at the route they rode, they're on the same roads/tracks I often used to ride with the FIL.

We rode behind the running club (I think there was also a RC club nearby) and I remember an informal squatter camp we used to avoid going near that wasn't far away.

I think realistically the days of riding anywhere near informal camps etc were over long ago? 

I saw the Police Helicopter circled this whole area for quite a long time this morning. The came back again after about 1/2 hour. Wonder if this is linked to the attacks during the week

Mudderbeeches!!! 

Although I dont generally ride near Cradlestone, it is in close vicinity to the general area I do ride in. So much for an early morning spin tomorrow. Zwift it will be.

Hope the cyclist has a speedy recovery.

I've been trying to convert my fellow riders but no one seems interested. Yes, riding outside with your mates is first place, but lately there are so many things counting against us.