Tracker device for safety

ycowley

A friend of mine bought a tracker for her dog which is about the size of a garage remote.  It uses a micro sim card and has gps tracking, there is an sos button which will make a call to a pre specified number and it can also receive calls from that number.  

The device uses an app call Aibeile, which can be used on any device that has a sim card, for tracking.  The device is a K9 Ultimate Plus tracker which she got from Streetwise Pets, they're based in Balito but have an online  shop.

A friend of mine bought a tracker for her dog ...there is an sos button which will make a call to a pre specified number

How did she teach the dog to push the button?

How did she teach the dog to push the button?

It's a Jack Russel, they're clever that way  :lol:

I assume it wasn't designed for dogs.  I think if you call it the call is automatically answered so you can talk to the dog and calm it down???

Don't know to much about it you'd have to investigate, just know it's small you can communicate in two directions and it tracks you.

Check out namola.com. the size of a remote, panic button, GPS tracking, can receive calls, but not make them. Very affordable,just check coverage in your area. We bought one for our daughter who studies in Stellenbosch and is a diabetic.

I purchased 2 Namola units...I think they will work well as an SOS button. A total mess as a GPS tracker! The tracker often sends notifications HOURS after I've arrived home. Something they just forgot to mention to me when I purchased them. Don't expect the unit to give an accurate position of where you are!  

I purchased 2 Namola units...I think they will work well as an SOS button. A total mess as a GPS tracker! The tracker often sends notifications HOURS after I've arrived home. Something they just forgot to mention to me when I purchased them. Don't expect the unit to give an accurate position of where you are!

My daughter accidentally pressed the panic button and they came to her on campus via GPS.

Theres a tracker called Spot. I've seen lots of trail runners use them because they work anywhere and everywhere.

It GPS tracks you, can send out location updates, can send out pre-programmed messages I think, and an SOS message to a list of whomever you input.

My daughter accidentally pressed the panic button and they came to her on campus via GPS.

Agree, if you activate the SOS, they will locate you. Try track her movements and set an alert when she reaches home. Big difference. I spent weeks proving this to Namola via calls and email until they eventually agreed that this is not a good active tracking system. I think it's to do with the battery life /  data costs and how often the unit updates it's position. 

If you go out for a cycle and go missing without activating the SOS, your last or current location is not accurate or immediate. Important to know this limitation.

Edited by Grey Hubs

Far easier and cheaper just to run with a runners belt wherein you can store all necessary items?

Yeea ...  been there done that, not comfortable.

Something like this might tick all the boxes:

https://www.takealot.com/volkano-kids-find-me-series-children-s-gps-tracking-watch/PLID54860905/description

A friend of mine bought his kids one of these each when the went to stay with their great-grandmother during a school holiday. Might not have been the exact same unit, but very similar to this. He found the functionality relatively good.

You should be able to pick up a well reviewed version of this for under R1k.

I agree. My kids have them. Can make calls to 5 numbers and can receive calls.

Theres a tracker called Spot. I've seen lots of trail runners use them because they work anywhere and everywhere.

It GPS tracks you, can send out location updates, can send out pre-programmed messages I think, and an SOS message to a list of whomever you input.

Get a Spot, there are no signal issues, you have a service to let friends know you need help and an international rescue linked service as well. Batteries last for days and they are bulletproof.

Get a Spot, there are no signal issues, you have a service to let friends know you need help and an international rescue linked service as well. Batteries last for days and they are bulletproof.

Can also get Garmin inreach if goign this way.