Suspension Seat Rails

AdamA

Does anyone know where i can get one of these locally ( ie without waiting 3 month for SAPO)

It's for a 60 yr old that rides a 26" bike through Norther Farms. and is Complaining about Back Pain

post-5362-0-13794900-1611313112_thumb.png

Honestly think that the chances of finding something similar locally is pretty remote.

Would a dropper post not be a better option? More expensive - yes but at least available.

Just my 2 cents worth

Back problem would require a suspension seat post or dual suspension frame. 

Thudbuster is available in SA but quite expensive. 

Maybe a bike fit won't be the worst idea.

Honestly think that the chances of finding something similar locally is pretty remote.

Would a dropper post not be a better option? More expensive - yes but at least available.

Just my 2 cents worth

Thanks for your input. 

I don't think a Dropper Post will give the Suspension needed lesson the minor bumps at Northern Farm. Dropper Post is either Locked in High position or Locked in low position. 

Also being a 26" bike the value is only R4000,  adding a R2000 Dropper Post ( or even R1500 2nd Hand) might not be feasible.

The other alternative is finding a 2nd hand Large 26" Dual Sus Frame and transferring the parts. 

Does anyone know where i can get one of these locally ( ie without waiting 3 month for SAPO)

It's for a 60 yr old that rides a 26" bike through Norther Farms. and is Complaining about Back Pain

Long shot, but I saw these being sold at a stall at the 2019 Satellite Classic. Maybe someone on here has bought something from these guys before and know who they are. They were always at various races selling shirts and stuff.

Long shot, but I saw these being sold at a stall at the 2019 Satellite Classic. Maybe someone on here has bought something from these guys before and know who they are. They were always at various races selling shirts and stuff.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. 

I have a Rinsten (bought at Satellite Classic reg as mention above.)

Pm if you want to test drive it.

Edited by Pieter-za

Best piece of cycling tech I have bought in a long time.

Suntour suspension seat post, there are others on the market.

Makes my hard tail "not so hard"

Scarce but got one from a fellow hubber not to long ago.

Seatpost-wear-after-more-than-7000km.jpg

Best piece of cycling tech I have bought in a long time.

Suntour suspension seat post, there are others on the market.

Makes my hard tail "not so hard"

Scarce but got one from a fellow hubber not to long ago.

Seatpost-wear-after-more-than-7000km.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32299135167.html?spm=a2g0o.search0302.0.0.298b6049N1Stns&algo_pvid=addaa5e7-5444-4334-aa83-4e810cc1d53b&algo_expid=addaa5e7-5444-4334-aa83-4e810cc1d53b-5&btsid=0b0a119a16113246713587295ef786&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Like this one, can get it here within three weeks, cost would be 50 USD plus courier and customs (R600 in total if you have the Aramex Global Shipper Account).

Beware if you choose the Aliexpress shipping option when the customs is calculated in SA, it may be on the invoice amount which includes the shipping costs.

Edited by Martin PJ