Downhill Skiing

SwissVan

Ouch. Remember going down part of that slope on a bum board many years ago. 

And ending up in Londoners Pub once too often

Hope the guy is not too badly hurt.

**Dark humour on **  do they stop the clock if you cross the finish line without your skis? ** Dark humour off **.

I have to admit that these guys (and gals) have guts going down those slopes at those speeds and if you look at the slow motion clips and pay attention at how much the legs have to deal with at those speeds around the corners is just mind boggling.

**Dark humour on ** do they stop the clock if you cross the finish line without your skis? ** Dark humour off **.

I have to admit that these guys (and gals) have guts going down those slopes at those speeds and if you look at the slow motion clips and pay attention at how much the legs have to deal with at those speeds around the corners is just mind boggling.

Hehe that was my first thought at least he gets a finish time and points.... and those course are so steep, the video does not show how steep and how icy the snow is... they don’t race on normal soft snow like us plebs ski on

@ SwissVan - Just out of curiosity, is that you Jurie Van der Merwe?

I don’t think there are any Van der Merwe’s on planet Zug

????

Nope not me, but the V in VdM is what I used in my hub name... being born in Bloemfontein it seemed apt.

Wow that is a big dump, hope they will be ok.

Its insane how comfortable they are with that kind of speed and very little between you and the ice/snow.

**Dark humour on ** do they stop the clock if you cross the finish line without your skis? ** Dark humour off **.

He is listed as 25th in the results so far

I don’t think there are any Van der Merwe’s on planet Zug

Nope not me, but the V in VdM is what I used in my hub name... being born in Bloemfontein it seemed apt.

Thought it was a try as have a distant mate who lives in Zurich - Jurie VdM

Seems like the crash was caused by the Föhn... everything gets blamed on the Föhn (Bat will understand)

Apparently strong wind, race has been stopped after 30 racers completed the course

No further news on the crashed skier Urs Kryenbuhl

Seems like the crash was caused by the Föhn... everything gets blamed on the Föhn (Bat will understand)

Apparently strong wind, race has been stopped after 30 racers completed the course

No further news on the crashed skier Urs Kryenbuhl

There was another skier that also crashed out.  Both of them flown to hospital but apparently they are ok and not seriously injured.

There was another skier that also crashed out.  Both of them flown to hospital but apparently they are ok and not seriously injured.

The Swiss guy in the video was “ kind” of lucky it seems to escape with a concussion, a fracture of the right collarbone and a tear in the cruciate and inner ligament in the right knee.

I was worried he might have a serious head injury at that speed

The second DH scheduled for today has been cancelled due to bad weather.

Hopefully they can have it tomorrow, I really enjoy watching DH on this iconic course.