This level of entitlement is not helpful to the community

Reme Le Hane

Ridding this morning from GSpot on the way to Eden and it seems the owner of the land for one of the contour crossings decided they no longer wanted riders on their land, which perfectly acceptable, it’s is private land.

Some lovely and apparently remarkably entitled person decided they wanted to write a very impolite and entitled letter to the owner and tape it to the fence, I am not sure how they expected that level of entitlement and arrogance to yield a positive result I have no idea.

It’s not like it’s the only way across, there are at least 3 other ways to cross so it’s not like we are in any way cut off, maybe just an extra km or 2 to cross over.

I have removed the damned thing as it’s definitely just going to make things worse, we want more trails not less.

14c395a83e8212805c1960c828729a41.jpg

5418053eaa8458b2f46e96f6130aa1fe.jpg

42d0233095e24b5dedd937a19cf7475b.jpg

Edited by Reme Le Hane

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or does the person who wrote that not understand the sign? Surely the request to stop and turn around is purely because there is trail rehab happening on that part?

I think that is because it has become a ‘yuppie’ pastime (the new golf), and with that comes all the entitlement that upper middleclass money brings with it.

Anyway....cyclists are numpties. Don’t be a ****, be lekker.

Edited by morneS555

Is it just me or does the person who wrote that not understand the sign? Surely the request to stop and turn around is purely because there is trail rehab happening on that part?

I think that is because it has become a ‘yuppie’ pastime (the new golf), and with that comes all the entitlement that upper middleclass money brings with it.

Anyway....cyclists are numpties. Don’t be a ****, be lekker.

Yeah, ridding past again and updated the post with a wider angle shot and it’s very clear and quite obvious that the land is being worked on. Looks like they going to cultivate it and it’s quite possible, if we don’t ask like aholes, that once the big work is done it gets opened again.

That wouldn’t be ideal either.

Maybe the farmer/fellow cyclist can have a constructive chat with him.

No it wouldn’t. But I kinda expected someone to have done that already.

I’m just living vicariously here, with my popcorn waiting for something to happen.

That wouldn’t be ideal either.

Maybe the farmer/fellow cyclist can have a constructive chat with him.

Honestly that’s how B should have started it, instead of a letter of demand, simply a nice short message asking to open a dialogue to get more info.

What I find most amusing is they have apparently been ridding there for 20 years, are demanding alternative routes and yet somehow do not know that 400m to the right is an alternative technical route, 700m to the left is a less technical route and a further 500m is a gravel road, all 3 of which end up at the same spot as the closed route.

So in 20 years they have somehow only ever managed to discover this 1 exact path, and are now demanding things that already exist.

Like I’ve only been cycling there 5 years give or take and I know all about these routes, how boring and repetitive mush his rides be to only know that one. Lol

Edited by Reme Le Hane

Why?

He literally put it up in public.

He put it up in public to a limited audience not intending for it to be published on the internet. Regardless of his douchbaggery, we shouldn't be publishing personal information on the internet

"Anyone dropped him a text message yet, just to say hi, or f*** off and die already?"

And that is why....doxxing is a big problem

Edited by Stretch

MMM I suspect a rat here somewhere.

I wonder if Mr B. Schutte did not make some other character unhappy and is now being made to be the fall guy.