This level of entitlement is not helpful to the community

Reme Le Hane

He put it up in public to a limited audience not intending for it to be published on the internet. Regardless of his douchbaggery, we shouldn't be publishing personal information on the internet

"Anyone dropped him a text message yet, just to say hi, or f*** off and die already?"

And that is why....doxxing is a big problem

Yeah, I’d rather address the people that doxx.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I’d rather address the people that doxx.

Well of course... But proactive actions prevent reactive actions.

Anyway... Point discussed

What an absolute naat borsel!!!

Good on you for removing the letter. Someone needs to explain to this naat borsel the privilege's of access to private land. I wonder how he would like people using his property to gain access to whatever is behind him

I am not familiar with that trail. But I would never open and close gates of farms to gain access. Damn!!!

Ridding this morning from GSpot on the way to Eden and it seems the owner of the land for one of the contour crossings decided they no longer wanted riders on their land, which perfectly acceptable, it’s is private land.

Some lovely and apparently remarkably entitled person decided they wanted to write a very impolite and entitled letter to the owner and tape it to the fence, I am not sure how they expected that level of entitlement and arrogance to yield a positive result I have no idea.

It’s not like it’s the only way across, there are at least 3 other ways to cross so it’s not like we are in any way cut off, maybe just an extra km or 2 to cross over.

I have removed the damned thing as it’s definitely just going to make things worse, we want more trails not less.14c395a83e8212805c1960c828729a41.jpg5418053eaa8458b2f46e96f6130aa1fe.jpg42d0233095e24b5dedd937a19cf7475b.jpg

B Schutte, dit is jou VOORREG om die trail te gebruik, nie jou REG nie.

With that entitled attitude, land owners will ban cyclists completely from using trails on their property.

So people know this guy?

Can I please have his address, I'd like to go take some beers out his fridge and do a boskak on his lawn.

Was he born yesterday, none of what he says makes any legal or commonsense logic. He went to all the effort of writing and printing out a letter. why not just do a bit of homework and contact the landowner directly?

also, really reminds me of this level of zero f£$% given https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/111282-farms-blocking-access-to-public-land/

Regardless of the entitlement in the letter....I would edit your post and cover up his phone number at least in the photo

Hi.......................please do tell...................why? The person has already made it public.................

intolerance of others... if I look up from my navel and glance around, I see it practically everywhere... I see it in myself too. Instead of intolerance, I wish I saw understanding and acceptance. Understanding that everyone is different. And acceptance of others' views, beliefs and actual 'beings. And with both of those a knowledge that I can exist wither everyone else, and while it may not be exactly the way I want it, it is what it is and co-existence can happen with this 'discomfort' - and it can be good.

We see social media jam-packed with people arguing and shouting others down because views, beliefs, races, languages etc differ. 'AGREE WITH ME' is the plea... How many times has a Facebook (or BikeHub) argument ended up with one party going 'you know, you have a good point. I was wrong. You were right' I'm guessing hardly ever. Even face-to-face, we see people getting out of cars and beating another person to 'make them right. make them like me'... again... it doesn't work.

In this case, the land owner has the legal right to prohibit trespassing. I'll bet the B Schutte has doors and windows on their home to stop others waltzing in. It's a shame that they cannot draw a parallel between that and a farmer's locked gate. Now, I think this is a very good analogy and probably should change someone's mind, but I'm not putting one red cent on it changing B Schutte's view.

Anyway, what can I say... #$%ken people hey? And we've been like this since we left the oceans... If history has taught mankind anything, it's that people don't learn from history.

The best is for the Chairman of the Club or a committee member to call him and sort it out

Problem is I think those trails are public. I do not know of any club really that is a custodian of those trails.