This level of entitlement is not helpful to the community

Reme Le Hane

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just get those truilbuilders to invite the dude for a day of trail building and maintenance. Preferably a typical 35+ degree Boland day.

He will write a snotty letter about that as well.

I can't find the eye-rolling emoji for all of these insightful "the problem with society today" comments.

For the last 8000 years more damage has been done by the self-appointed gatekeepers of morality and their concerns for societal decline than by societal decline itself.

These amazing trails are open to the public and made possible by private donations to the Stellenbosch Trail Fund.  Mr Schutte claims to have been riding them for more than 20 years.  Hopefully, as a trail user calling out Trail Builder/Farmer/Developer for signage he doesn't approve of, he donates regularly.  Or perhaps this is just one of those unreasonable fellows that typically don't do well in a small community.  The inconsiderate neighbour you avoid.

In any case, check out the Trail Fund, they do great work https://stellenboschtrailfund.co.za/

There is a Contact tab to reach out if anyone wants to better understand maintenance disruption to the trail.  No need to post letters on gates.

Problem is I think those trails are public. I do not know of any club really that is a custodian of those trails.

Will be stellenbosch trail fund rather than a club so mixture of volunteer/municipality/university.

Edit - What he said ☝️

Edited by geomark

Must say. Christiaan (Buks) Schutte dont worry about privacy online..   

But ja..  as they say your whole live already on interweb so why care...

I'm pretty impressed that some guy rides around with a Laser printer, a power source to drive it, a  sheet of paper and a plastic sleeve so he can demand to speak to the manager whenever he finds his route obstructed.

Chapeau to him.

I'm pretty impressed that some guy rides around with a Laser printer, a power source to drive it, a  sheet of paper and a plastic sleeve so he can demand to speak to the manager whenever he finds his route obstructed.

Chapeau to him.

Is his wife Karen Schutte by any chance ?

Ridding this morning from GSpot on the way to Eden and it seems the owner of the land for one of the contour crossings decided they no longer wanted riders on their land, which perfectly acceptable, it’s is private land.

Is it definitely?

Chapeau to him.

Sounds more realistic than the alternative of returning to the gate the next day to attach your letter.

Surely 24 hours later you should have calmed down and reflected upon how irrational your outrage is?