Shimano Ulterga /105 rear shifter

FirstV8

I crashed on Saturday on a right hand bend . I went a bit wide so  as to miss a car that  was coming up to the stop street i was turning into and slipped on the lose stone on the edge of the road .I went down at about 30kph and ended up with a bit of road rash on my elbow , knee and hip . On checking my bike the right hand brake / gear shifter was badly damaged and did not work shifting gears or even braking . I bought this bike a Raliegh RC 7000 with full Shimano Ulterga group set for R4000 Today i did some enquiries to replace it and was shocked at the price of R3900 for  both shifters or R2500  for the rear only . Is there someone out there that had a similar crash but broken the left shifter and has a right 10 speed shifter for sale or even as a donation to a good cause ( im a pensioner ). I dont compete in races but do ride with certain bike shop groups so as to maintain my level of fitness and competitiveness .  

post-111826-0-90223600-1611598909_thumb.jpg

Hopefully someone can help you, else you may want to look at something like this:

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/complete-groupsets/452542/dura-ace-10-speed-groupset-beautiful-bargain

Keep what you need, sell the rest to defray some of the costs.

Yu may even find you are better off upgrading to an 11sp setup - getting these 10sp components is pricey, as they are not generally carried by the shops

Hopefully someone can help you, else you may want to look at something like this:

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/complete-groupsets/452542/dura-ace-10-speed-groupset-beautiful-bargain

Keep what you need, sell the rest to defray some of the costs.

Yu may even find you are better off upgrading to an 11sp setup - getting these 10sp components is pricey, as they are not generally carried by the shops

Thanks did not think of looking at a group set . Im in touch with seller 

The Hub came to my help again . I wanted a set of shifters and thanks to' sirmoun10goat " all the way in Canada who put me onto "Trailman " in Capetown selling a Dura ace Group set . i ended up grading my complete  group set to a Dura Ace  for the same price as 2 shifters . Thanks guys this old toppie appreciates it . 

Edited by FirstV8

how are YOU doing after the fall ? The injured hip ok ?

Your wife must have not been to happy to have you coming off again so soon after the last time.

The Hub came to my help again . I wanted a set of shifters and thanks to' sirmoun10goat " all the way in Canada who put me onto "Trailman " in Capetown selling a Dura ace Group set . i ended up grading my complete group set to a Dura Ace for the same price as 2 shifters . Thanks guys this old toppie appreciates it .

Nice one.!

That 7800 DA may be old but it's still regarded to be some of the finest bits from Shimano.

May you have many (upright) miles with it.!

how are YOU doing after the fall ? The injured hip ok ?

Your wife must have not been to happy to have you coming off again so soon after the last time.

Im doing well thanks Chris . I did my first off road ride on Friday since the fall . A couple of the bumpier sections were a bit eina on the joint but we still averaged 23.kph for the 60 km. . My wife just shock her head and even offered to patch me up . I think she gets it now as long as im on a bike im going to have scrapes and road rash . That's what comes from being together for 50 years .   

The Hub came to my help again . I wanted a set of shifters and thanks to' sirmoun10goat " all the way in Canada who put me onto "Trailman " in Capetown selling a Dura ace Group set . i ended up grading my complete  group set to a Dura Ace  for the same price as 2 shifters . Thanks guys this old toppie appreciates it . 

I stay active on the hub for the community it offers. Nothing like that over here - the classifieds are all craigslist and fb markets. And there is no community platform. Glad it worked well.

Hope you like the upgrade - you can sell some of your parts to defray costs, or hold on to them in case you need them some day. 10sp is not easy to come by

• 1 year later...

Hey there first v8, are willing to sell those shifters? I need some spares, WhatsApp me on 0671267812, your response will be appreciated