Bike wrap

Anelda Coetzee

Ek wil graag meer uitvind oor hoe mens te werk gaan om wraping ens. in die hande te kry.

Dink daaraan om dit as n stokperdjie te doen en n ekstra geldjie te maak wanneer ek dit eers goed kan doen.

A

Nobody wants and has a bike wrap, especially not on a mountainbike. I do know people who wants their bikes reprayed. A wrap will scratch too easily.

Rather learn yourself how to build wheels.

Nobody wants and has a bike wrap, especially not on a mountainbike. I do know people who wants their bikes reprayed. A wrap will scratch too easily.

Rather learn yourself how to build wheels.

Strooi.

Ek wil graag meer uitvind oor hoe mens te werk gaan om wraping ens. in die hande te kry.

Dink daaraan om dit as n stokperdjie te doen en n ekstra geldjie te maak wanneer ek dit eers goed kan doen.

A

Ek het n nuwe fietsraam a paar jaar gelede ge-wrap en dit het baie goed uitgewek. Na 3 Sani2Cs ens heelwat ander wedrenne, het ek dit afgehaal en 'n vleklose raam gehad.

Jy het nie baie nodig nie en ek het myne met "off-cuts" wat ek by die ouens wat karre doen gekry.

Soek hulle in jou area op en kyk of hulle jou met hulle weggooi stukkies kan help. Hulle sal jou ook kan sê waar om die produk te koop as dit nodig word.

As jy goed word en jou besigheid begin,kan jy my laat weet en dan kan jy dalk een vir my doen.

Sterkte

Rather learn yourself how to build wheels.[/quote

Sorry but rubbish, bike wrapping is common, works well and protects the paint

Edited by Wayne pudding Mol

Probeer 3m - ek dink dis wat die motor bedryf gebruik

https://www.3m.co.za/3M/en_ZA/company-mea/all-3m-products/~/All-3M-Products/Commercial-Solutions/Graphics-Signage/Films-and-Substrates/?N=5002385+8709314+8709363+8711017+8729400&rt=r3

A

Definitief `n mark daarvoor.

Uit onder vinding het my vrou baie meer geduld en finesse as myself gehad en `n baie goeie werk gedoen.

Daar is clear vinyl tipe wat dien as beskerming en daar is ook paar "Designs".

Daar is plaaslike en internationale opsies beskikbaar.

https://www.ridewrap.ca/products/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItJzfpbG77gIVR6jVCh3suQR_EAAYASAAEgLP4vD_BwE

https://web.facebook.com/BallisticBikeArmour/?_rdc=1&_rdr

Daar was `n vrou in Bloemfontein wat ook designs gedoen het, probeer dalk vir Enduro Planet kontak.

Sterkte, wys jou projekte.

As jy op die been is, het so paar voorstelle.

Edited by DJuice

Rather learn yourself how to build wheels.[/quote

Sorry but rubbish, bike wrapping is common, works well and protects the paint

I think there is a market, especially with the influencers that want a different colour way every month etc. I think the key will be getting templates set up for each frame and getting the joints spot on. 

Good luck if its what you are passionate about, go for it.

Seems to be a market...but not many bike shops offering the service. I wrapped a MTB about 3 years back with VPS and it has held up really good...in fact great! It was done through a car wrapping outlet.

Replaced the MTB with something new and was again looking around. After a couple of calls and pricing comparisons and DIY option, I finally settled for a custom wrap from RideWrap. They a Canadian based company and got some sterling online reviews. I pulled the trigger and am awaiting delivery. Check them out....oh they located at Whistler!

Btw there is also a CT based company Amour-ride that does similar as well...but they didn't have my bike model. 

Feels like there's a gap in the market for a really well finished paint-friendly wrap (lightweight, sprayed on maybe?). Or linking up with a bike store or one of the bike paint shops to do new bike installs.

Clear vinyl bits will get some interest but it doesn't feel like it will create much excitement?

I would have a clear wrap done in a heart beat, if I only know someone that can.

@Anelda laat weet asb sodra jy reg gekom het en die ding kan doen.

I think the key is to get the right product. In my mind you need one of the self healing wraps that they use in the automotive industry. It is not cheap (quoted R5000 to do my bike with Xpel), but does a fantastic job (I have it on my car). The likes of VPS or Xpel ( https://xpel.za.com/products/ultimate-plus/ ) come to mind. 3m also makes a similar product. Plastic vinyl doesn't have the same protective and self healing properties. 

Getting the right patterns for various model bikes will also be key. You can do custom cuts from a roll of film, however that is time consuming and difficult to get right.

Good luck with the venture. If you can do it well at a reasonable price, I think there will be demand. 

Definitely a market for frame protection using PPF, I got a new MTB in December and refused to ride the bike until the frame was protected. I ended up using a company https://armour-ride.com/ 

In total I spent R3K to fully protect my frame. I did not want a DIY option and wanted to have the work done professionally.