Scott Spark rear hub

hansolo

One of my friends wrecked their rear wheel and bought a replacement wheel. She has a previous generation Scott Spark and it looks like the axle on the Novatec hub is 3 mm too short, can this be possible and how do we fix this? Can I buy a longer endcap for a hub and would a washer work as an interim solution?

I didn’t have a vernier to measure the actual axle, will go back to confirm.

post-3321-0-24835100-1611894980_thumb.jpeg

post-3321-0-54990800-1611894996_thumb.jpeg

Edited by hansolo

I assume you did check that it is a boost hub and not a non boost if that is what's needed. 

It is very possible that a non boost end cap was used instead of the right end cap. A Spez store once put the wrong end cap back on my hub when it was in for a service and I sat with exactly this issue...

Thanks, that was a good place to start. The replacement wheel could be a 135x12 so a different endcap might be what is needed.

I'm printing a few different spacers to try and will go measure the frame as well as hubs. 

Oh.... then I am going to be of no help. 

Need to know the model number of the Novatec hub.  Depending on the ID of the bearings you either can or can't just change end caps.  I suggest that you 'phone Cape Cycle Systems with the hub series number and they will let you know.

It's a Novatec D772SB hub and the axle length measured 137 mm, I don't how how it ended up that way but the 5 mm spacer I printed did the job and a new axle is on the way.