Waking up

TNT1

So you would struggle with 4:56,  5:43 or 5:31 .... ?   :whistling:

I like a pattern in the numbers ....   :ph34r:

My surname has 5 letters. When we chose names for our sons, all the names had to be 5 letters. First middle and last! So 3 boys and all their names have 5 letters each. Luckily there were plenty of 5 letter names we liked. My wife thinks there is something wrong with me. I can have the tv volume on 5, 15, 25 etc but otherwise it must be an even number. So no 3, 7, 9, 11 etc. If I sit in traffic and look at number plates I find myself adding the numbers in a certain way to get a nice round number. My shoe laces need to be laced in a mirror image. O and I no longer have side burns, could never get them the exact same length.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure where to post this, but it's training related.

I get up at 4:15 to be out the door at like 4:50 in order to meet the training group at the BP in time (well, actually 4:14 as I can't handle that odd number in setting my alarm, like the volume on the TV must always be an even number, I digress...) and the alarm going off is waking up the Chinese and causing a bit of disharmony in the home.

What way is there to be woken up without an alarm going off? I tried the vibrate on the smart watch thing, but I get irritated with the watch during the night and take it off in my sleep.

What other options are there?

Just programme your mind to wake up at a particular time.I have not used an alarm in 20 years.I cant remember exactly.I dont know how it works but I look at the clock and imagine a time and it works to within a couple of minutes

I cant quite recall the name but there was an alarm app that had a gentle ramp up in vibration to wake you. The idea was that you put your phone under your pillow and it starts vibrating gently but increases the longer the alarm goes.

Normally I would suggest using a watch for waking you up with vibration but you already ruled that one out.

Just programme your mind to wake up at a particular time.I have not used an alarm in 20 years.I cant remember exactly.I dont know how it works but I look at the clock and imagine a time and it works to within a couple of minutes

Yeah it’s funny how that works, 99% of the time I wake up before my alarm and switch it off before it goes off

My surname has 5 letters. When we chose names for our sons, all the names had to be 5 letters. First middle and last! So 3 boys and all their names have 5 letters each. Luckily there were plenty of 5 letter names we liked. My wife thinks there is something wrong with me. I can have the tv volume on 5, 15, 25 etc but otherwise it must be an even number. So no 3, 7, 9, 11 etc. If I sit in traffic and look at number plates I find myself adding the numbers in a certain way to get a nice round number. My shoe laces need to be laced in a mirror image. O and I no longer have side burns, could never get them the exact same length.

I do enjoy to hear about everyone's OCD, makes me feel less alone.

I also can't stand odd numbers on radio or TV volume, but 15 is allowed - I've given 15 round number status - maybe partially because I also played fullback in rugby.

Another thing I need to do is get dressed on the left side of each body part first.

Left foot also first up on the step and on each step with a support bar.  :whistling:

Yeah it’s funny how that works, 99% of the time I wake up before my alarm and switch it off before it goes off

So then dont use the alarm

Smart lights like the Philips Hue that can gently increase brightness could work.

Edit: Some other options:

https://www.takealot.com/gimmicks-gizmos-bedside-wake-up-light-alarm-clock-radio/PLID55235417

https://www.takealot.com/bluetooth-speaker-with-wake-up-lamp/PLID53713179

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Simulation-Headspace-Subscription-HF3520/dp/B0093162RM

* not an ideal solution if you only want to wake yourself up and not anyone else. Unless you could focus it only on yourself. And it would need a battery backup in case of load shedding.

Edited by MrJacques

I'm not sure where to post this, but it's training related.

I get up at 4:15 to be out the door at like 4:50 in order to meet the training group at the BP in time (well, actually 4:14 as I can't handle that odd number in setting my alarm, like the volume on the TV must always be an even number, I digress...) and the alarm going off is waking up the Chinese and causing a bit of disharmony in the home.

What way is there to be woken up without an alarm going off? I tried the vibrate on the smart watch thing, but I get irritated with the watch during the night and take it off in my sleep.

What other options are there?

I find I like settings in increments of 5 for my car radio volume :)