Lost - Garmin Varia Radar

Special Orange

I lost my Garmin Varia Radar this morning after the mount it was attached to broke in half. It seems to have happened in the vicinity of Imhoff’s Farm direction towards Kommetjie around 08:00 today(Sunday 31 January) looking at the data. Half of the mount is still attached to the radar.

I know chances are slim recovering it, but please spread the word. ????????

Edited by Special Orange

Ah man that sucks. Hope someone picked it up and you get it back. I always look at mine and wonder why they never added a little elastic loop thing as a safety feature like they do for the edge. Seeing your post about the bracket breaking is making me want to make sort of safety feature for mine.

Ah man that sucks. Hope someone picked it up and you get it back. I always look at mine and wonder why they never added a little elastic loop thing as a safety feature like they do for the edge. Seeing your post about the bracket breaking is making me want to make sort of safety feature for mine.

This is a good idea. I have the beep alerts enabled, and when the comms with the radar is lost, it beeps and I look down to see what's what. doesn't help OP.

This is a good idea. I have the beep alerts enabled, and when the comms with the radar is lost, it beeps and I look down to see what's what. doesn't help OP.

Yeah my edge also beeps as soon as radar connection is lost. But still would prefer to try prevent a drop on the road or being driven over.

Same boat, I also want a fix.

My best idea is to take either SuperGlue or Pratley Epoxy, anything that will stick to the device, and then glue a loop of string to the housing. There doesn't seem to a nice location to a screw or other mechanical form of attachment, thus leaning to a glue...

Fully agree - that elastic loop would have been a big money saver. Definitely going to add a tether on the next one.

I do have the unit on audible alerts, but riding in the rain on Sunday made it much less audible.

Being in the zone on a solo ride doesn't help much either ;)

damn hope it turns up, I am lost without mine - a really lekker device. My bracket also gave up the ghost a while ago, so I am just using those bands at present.