Biogen advert

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I shuddered. Portrail of mountain bikers as scruffy buggers. 

Was the part where they "attack" the motorist in a fit of rage really needed.
The woke culture will call it misogynistic even.

Either way I'm glad I'm not a customer. 

Edited by Steady Spin

It's a kaaaak piece of video, lets not joke.

But I think it hit the nail on the head.  8 pages of keyboard warriors talking about it.   

And you all do realise that everything in there is intentionally there, right?   And you all bought it wholesale? :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

But I think it hit the nail on the head.  8 pages of keyboard warriors talking about it.   

And you all do realise that everything in there is intentionally there, right?   And you all bought it wholesale? :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

If their plan all along was to create discussion, fair game, they achieved that.

I still don't find the advert funny, which I think they were going for.

Before this, I had no real opinion on Biogen. But now, if I see their name, I will be reminded of this cringeworthy attempt at an advert, which might just convince me to take the bottle of vitamins right next to theirs. 

i don't want to cancel them, but I'm gonna struggle to forget this video, much like Napoleon Dynamite, it just doesn't resonate with me.

If their plan all along was to create discussion, fair game, they achieved that.

I still don't find the advert funny, which I think they were going for.

Before this, I had no real opinion on Biogen. But now, if I see their name, I will be reminded of this cringeworthy attempt at an advert, which might just convince me to take the bottle of vitamins right next to theirs. 

i don't want to cancel them, but I'm gonna struggle to forget this video, much like Napoleon Dynamite, it just doesn't resonate with me.

giphy.gif

I have mixed feelings on this, sure even though its controversial it creates brand awareness which can't be all bad. No way any other ad will have an 8 page thread of its own

Yet I can't think that insulting your target market is a clever way to go about this, (especially with sports nutrition products not exactly exclusive ...) Unless they have a new target market in the peeps who watch Leon Schuster movies on repeat? 

Biogen got their name out for sure, probably many times over what they expected

But I doubt they won more than a handful of customers

I have mixed feelings on this, sure even though its controversial it creates brand awareness which can't be all bad. No way any other ad will have an 8 page thread of its own

Yet I can't think that insulting your target market is a clever way to go about this, (especially with sports nutrition products not exactly exclusive ...) Unless they have a new target market in the peeps who watch Leon Schuster movies on repeat? 

I really think you guys are like 500% over thinking this.     And from what I see on a few groups, they definitely have more LOLs than the grumpy pants on BikeHub (most seriousest keyboard bashers out). Same dudes did the roadie clip a while back.  It's MEANT to be totally cringe-worthy.  How are people missing this.

No one is insulted, it's one of those "it's so bad, but like a train wreck you watch it" clips.   

I cant believe I have to explain this.  I only made it a little of the way in, but wow, cant believe it's an 8 pager.  Biogen wins, BH readers lose.   hahaha.

I really think you guys are like 500% over thinking this.     And from what I see on a few groups, they definitely have more LOLs than the grumpy pants on BikeHub (most seriousest keyboard bashers out). Same dudes did the roadie clip a while back.  It's MEANT to be totally cringe-worthy.  How are people missing this.

No one is insulted, it's one of those "it's so bad, but like a train wreck you watch it" clips.   

I cant believe I have to explain this.  I only made it a little of the way in, but wow, cant believe it's an 8 pager.  Biogen wins, BH readers lose.   hahaha.

Cool, great to see there are people like you & your buddies out there who enjoyed the clip.  :thumbup:

Guess I'm one of those "seriousest" keyboard bashers on whom this brand of humour is completely lost, my bad..

Go Biogen, keep up the good work! 

Cool, great to see there are people like you & your buddies out there who enjoyed the clip.  :thumbup:

Guess I'm one of those "seriousest" keyboard bashers on whom this brand of humour is completely lost, my bad..

Go Biogen, keep up the good work! 

To be fair, someone else thought  along the same lines at Panther Punch/Biogen that the first one was meh as they deleted it off their socials spent a whole month re editing it and now launches again. 

Its probably funnier to non-cyclists and the majority that use Biogen products. 

Same as most people would not understand or laugh at Cat 3 memes.