Wolf tooth adaptors wanted

Chris NewbyFraser

Is there still a shop or distributor who brings in wolf tooth products? I need a road bike rear derailleur adaptor to enable a cassette of 32  to work with a standard Shimano 105 jockey

I don't advise it if good shifting is something you're pedantic about.

Range extender hangers move the guide further away from the cassette which creates havoc with higher range of gears on some combinations of derailleur and bike.

Which model 105 rear derailleur do you have?

I don't advise it if good shifting is something you're pedantic about.

Range extender hangers move the guide further away from the cassette which creates havoc with higher range of gears on some combinations of derailleur and bike.

Which model 105 rear derailleur do you have?

Don't have one yet. Am looking at buying a road bike (about 10 years old) but the gearing is too tough for mky old legs. A 32 cog on the back would make it acceptable. But not at the expense of shifting efficiency. Thanks

Happy to sell you a second hand one if you like. If you're running a 10s derailleur you'll need it, if you're running 11s you'll probably be ok without.

Edited by 100Tours

Don't have one yet. Am looking at buying a road bike (about 10 years old) but the gearing is too tough for mky old legs. A 32 cog on the back would make it acceptable. But not at the expense of shifting efficiency. Thanks

Does the bike you're looking at have a compact crankset? Running a 50/32 up front would definitely decrease the chances of needing a 32 at the back.

Here's a 32 max rear cassette I put on a road bike with Sora long derailleur. The front has a triple chainring with 30 teeth on the small one. Setup works very well, with these gears you can climb anything. Biggest gears are 52-11. Didn't work properly without the extender link.

post-9767-0-05828700-1612241717_thumb.jpg

Where are you guys riding these road bikes, in the Alps?

My wife didn't like her road bike because not enough gears, so I thought I'd make a bike as easy as an MTB and it worked.

My wife didn't like her road bike because not enough gears, so I thought I'd make a bike as easy as an MTB and it worked.

Point taken, good on you! Whatever it takes to get more people riding especially road bikes, seems MTB is the go to bike these days ...