Looking for small Scott Spark

Oom Kaspaas

Looking for a small Scott Spark for my wife, the 2017 and newer type frame. They seem to be hens teeth - any suggestions? I can get a brand new old stock 2017 Spark 920 for R48 500 at a local shop, so far that seems to be the best deal. They already changed the stock XT 2x11 drivetrain to NX 1x12. Any suggestions?

R48k for a new 920 is a great deal. I personally would have kept the XT 11spd over the NX 12 but that's just me.

Are you set on Scott? I am a big scott fan but have a look at Trek top fuel as well.

Edited by Me rida my bicycle

R48k for a new 920 is a great deal. I personally would have kept the XT 11spd over the NX 12 but that's just me.

Are you set on Scott? I am a big scott fan but have a look at Trek top fuel as well.

Thanks! My wife likes the Spark. Probably does not help that I am on a Spark 910 myself..

I can also get a brand new 2018 Spark 940 with GX 1x12 for R44500... decisions decisions...

Those were sold with a significant rebate at the end of 2018. I picked one up for 36k, so 44k seems a bit steep. Great bike though

Those were sold with a significant rebate at the end of 2018. I picked one up for 36k, so 44k seems a bit steep. Great bike though

Thanks...all the bikes seem so overpriced due to the shortage...

I had a 2018/19 940 it's way to heavy even with upgraded wheels and carbon crank it was still just under 14kg. I would rather have have a year older carbon frame. Any RC's available as it's for your wife a lighter bike will make a big difference and if I could go back I would have gone for the rc instead just as a dropper.

Looking for a small Scott Spark for my wife, the 2017 and newer type frame. They seem to be hens teeth - any suggestions? I can get a brand new old stock 2017 Spark 920 for R48 500 at a local shop, so far that seems to be the best deal. They already changed the stock XT 2x11 drivetrain to NX 1x12. Any suggestions?

It's been said on a few threads here, but there is a massive stock shortage. If you can find the bike you want in the size you want, take it. You are not likely to find stock again this year. I think the price could come down a bit, but given the stock situation it's probably not unreasonable.

I got hold of a new spark 910 (Contessa, in the most exquisite salmon pink) last year for 54k. it was 2020 stock. It was a small, which helped - the medium was quite a bit more expensive. O got mine through Linden Cycles - where are you based? 

I got hold of a new spark 910 (Contessa, in the most exquisite salmon pink) last year for 54k. it was 2020 stock. It was a small, which helped - the medium was quite a bit more expensive. O got mine through Linden Cycles - where are you based?

Thanks, my wife would love one like that if I could find onevat that price...